Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation

Hello,

I've been paying attention to the recent issues with the TuF guild. I think that some forum moderator abilities were abused. Maybe they TuF malicious intentions but they were not handled reasonably. If there was a worry about them cheating I think they should've been kicked out of the TurfWar games. Instead this whole IP lookup thing happened. I feel that guild members should not be allowed to moderate the forums.Some of you worry that TuF had too much power? What about guild leaders/members with forum admin access? I'm calling to add a rule of no guild members being forum admins from now on. It is simply not fair to other guilds/players. A guild member will not be anywhere close to a neutral party.

-Anton Dafeet

Should guild members not be allowed to admin their own servers, then? They have access to IP's from those, too.

Comment

:lol: yet another person after your thunder LR :wink: :grin:
      [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

They are controlling their own property on their own server. The community is for everyone and shouldn't be used for getting rid of people/things that some people don't like. The forum should be a neutral ground. You used the power that you had available so I'm not attacking that. I'm saying that this power shouldn't be given to people with too much of their own interests at heart. No guild members should be allowed to mod this forum.

-Anton Dafeet

Comment

Nonsense. Who are you?
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

well-he's either a newbie or you try and work it out from the name
            [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

I don't like your implications, ADF. It wasn't out of our own interests that those of us who took the actions you describe took them. We brought to public attention a problem that affected EVERYONE. In fact, neither Grank nor I had any reason to believe that we had any problem in our guild at all, but made the information available to those who were most affected by it. Claiming that we acted only with our own interests in mind is pure rubbish. We put ourselves in the line of fire for the sake of a community interest.

The fact that you already have such strong convictions on a matter that supposedly didn't affect you at all, however, leads me to believe that you are not so new to this forum as you claim to be. I'd really hoped the community would be able to heal from this now, but it seems perhaps there's still someone with an axe to grind?

Comment

Now, see. This guy is either just trying to stir up trouble like our friend Skillet, or he is sincere. But still, do you really need to make such a fuss? If you truly feel that TuF was wronged, then make your guild official by posting in the 'current guilds' thread, and then participate in my 'Dark Council' thread to make sure that what happened with TuF doesn't happen again. Now we are all friends here. Thats right, AntagonistofDaFeet.youraremyfriend.com now lets just try to get along, shall we?

Kiech
                Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  I don't like your implications, ADF. It wasn't out of our own interests that those of us who took the actions you describe took them. We brought to public attention a problem that affected EVERYONE. In fact, neither Grank nor I had any reason to believe that we had any problem in our guild at all, but made the information available to those who were most affected by it. Claiming that we acted only with our own interests in mind is pure rubbish. We put ourselves in the line of fire for the sake of a community interest.

The fact that you already have such strong convictions on a matter that supposedly didn't affect you at all, however, leads me to believe that you are not so new to this forum as you claim to be. I'd really hoped the community would be able to heal from this now, but it seems perhaps there's still someone with an axe to grind?
                  No, read what he is saying.

All that is being requested is that no-body who belongs INSIDE a guild should be a moderater. This would mean that allready respectable members such as Modetwo should be instead, or mog. It stops you being bias in anyway. agreed?
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by AntagonistofDaFeet
                    Hello,

I've been paying attention to the recent issues with the TuF guild. I think that some forum moderator abilities were abused.
                    This has already been addressed, IMO, so why dig it up? The Forum Admin in question has Mod rights in ONE forum, and it makes sense for him to have those rights in that ONE forum, otherwise they would not have been granted in the first place.

Originally posted by AntagonistofDaFeet
                    I'm calling to add a rule of no guild members being forum admins from now on.
                    Well, since you are either totally new to these boards, or else aliasing to hide your identity, I think your "call" can be rightfully ignored.

3 posts will give you little in the way of clout.

"IF" the Dev team decides there was an abuse of power, you can be sure they will deal with it.
                    CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                      No, read what he is saying.

All that is being requested is that no-body who belongs INSIDE a guild should be a moderater. This would mean that allready respectable members such as Modetwo should be instead, or mog. It stops you being bias in anyway. agreed?
                      I requested a forum to run TurfWars. I needed some ability to keep the threads involved clean. Instead of a whole new forum, I was given moderator status for the guilds forum to run the tournament.

Now, I could have run it out of a forum at Crackaz, but these forums are really the community center, so it seemed better to run it here. And since I'm an admin at Crackaz, it wouldn't really have changed anything, would it?

The alternative is to have Thwark, Dalai, or Predator do the management of the TurfWars threads for me, but that's a lot of work and headache they don't need, and that I agreed to take on myself.

And when you think about it, the suggestion is rather ironic, given that the leader of TuF is ALSO moderator here, don't you think?

Comment

Hmm. I think LR deserves a little better than that. He provides FOR FREE a server for all to play on, forums for guilds that are without, warmly welcomes all to the community, provides assistance to those who need it, and recruits new players from his larger 'Crackaz' community.

Again, and why do I feel that so many of us repeat ourselves in these forums? If you are looking for solutions, not bickering, then participate in my Dark Council idea, located in the 'guild' forum. Nevermind that you don't like certain parts of the thread, it is a brainstorming area to get us on the right track as far as guilds are concerned.

Kiech
                        Kiech

Comment

Granted, but Chainsaws moderates a forum which is typically only visted by normal members, I can't say I ever posted there as TheKeepers before, i'd just post as me.

Surely you can see his point tho? It's like playing a football match with one side being the referee as well, ok, in a perfect world that ref would be no bias but it's not, which is why Act_Smilys idea of him hosting a guild league table would be a good idea, why possibly a non-guild moderater may be a good idea?

Why not actually discus it on these discusion boards rather than ripping the guy apart because he's a noob or aliasing.
                          ~TuF~

Comment

I don't blame LR. And you're making way too big a deal about it. Its not like he stole your Social Security number. :roll:

A good way to look at it is: He was just having fun stealing bits of info just like Garrett would.
                            (AKA Dresden)
                            Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Surely you can see his point tho? It's like playing a football match with one side being the referee as well, ok, in a perfect world that ref would be no bias but it's not, which is why Act_Smilys idea of him hosting a guild league table would be a good idea, why possibly a non-guild moderater may be a good idea?
                              A completely false analogy. The referee has actual power over decisions in the game. I don't, even as a moderator. For the dozenth or so time, nothing I learned as a mod was something I didn't already know from another source. And again, because I have to have some ability to keep the threads involved from becoming too cluttered to use, I have to have that access, whether it's here or elsewhere.

Why not actually discus it on these discusion boards rather than ripping the guy apart because he's a noob or aliasing.
                              I believe that's what I'm doing. He's not "being ripped apart", and the criticism he's taking is neither because he's a "noob", nor because he's aliasing. It's because of the ideas he's espousing, and because of the false claim of abuse of power.

It's also because he's stirring up an issue the community was just starting to get over. You tell me who's doing the damage here?

Comment

Working...
                              X