• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invisable guard

I was Playing on Crackaz server today, map was gerome
    I was a thief in one of the barracks rooms getting loot when
    all of a sudden I hear a sword hitting me multiple times but when I look
    all around there is no guard to be seen. completely invisable!
    I'm thinking this must be something to do with the neworking connection
    or something but it was really strange.

ive noticed AI do that, but they are standing still when they do it.
    CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

Its a lag issue. Happened to me yesterday when playing Spiders on Crackaz.
      Kiech

Comment

Usually happens when you're experiencing heavy packet loss. You can have a guard right on top of you and not know it until you're dead, because your computer hasn't received the information about his presence. I've seen a completely clear run before, dashed for it, then suddenly died right where I STARTED the run, because a guard had killed me there, but that information hadn't "caught up" to me yet.

Comment

Bah... I hate when it's so dark guards blend into the darkness like thieves...
          I got killed in grange since i couldnt see the guard standing in the dark corner waiting for me...
          "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Yeh i get that a lot too. It's one of those pesky things we cant make go away with a simple patch
            Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
              I was Playing on Crackaz server today, map was gerome
              I was a thief in one of the barracks rooms getting loot when
              all of a sudden I hear a sword hitting me multiple times but when I look
              all around there is no guard to be seen. completely invisable!
              I'm thinking this must be something to do with the neworking connection
              or something but it was really strange.
              Nah... it was Seargent Flavio Circle Strafing you! LOL

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
              Bah... I hate when it's so dark guards blend into the darkness like thieves...
              I got killed in grange since i couldnt see the guard standing in the dark corner waiting for me...
              I have the same problem... I think this has something to do with your video settings are 16 or 32 bit. Because I know when i run deep into the exit in folly.. and hit the F5 button.. i can't see me at all.. but when i ask other guards if they can.. some of them can ..some of them can't. I have mine set to 16bit because 32 bit crashes if I Alt+tab to the desktop. There is no real difference that I can see..except for maybe that guards in shadow thing.

Comment

No you taffer, it's called brightness.
                16bit and 32bit is just the number of colors... and im running 32bit alright.
                "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

I love hiding in the dark as a guard. I call it "Ghost Guarding." Thieves don't know what hit them until they spec their cold, dead body
                  "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                    No you taffer, it's called brightness.
                    16bit and 32bit is just the number of colors... and im running 32bit alright.
                    well then i dunno.. i have my brightness set to the max... but somehow the thieves always seem to see me when i hide in those spots

Comment

Hmm, Kewl, mine crashes the same way. But I like the 32bit resolution, so I allow it to crash. Does anyone know anything about this? Anything I can do to fix it?

Comment

I've heard that the Unreal engine is more prone to crashing if the resolution and color depth you're running it in doesn't match your desktop resolution and color depth.

Comment

It's commonly from using Direct3d and hitting Alt-Tab. Change to windowed mode or try Ctrl-Esc instead(I'm not sure that ctrl-esc works for everyone).
                          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Reminds me of the other day when I KOd Grank and he ran around, killed a different thief, and dropped dead in the hallway.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                              Reminds me of the other day when I KOd Grank and he ran around, killed a different thief, and dropped dead in the hallway.
                              I hear chickens behave that way when you cut their heads off....

Comment

Working...
                              X