Looking for a Thief substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Thief substitute?

Ok, i know that alot of you have come from the Unreal Community and have barley even heard of the games "Thief The Dark Project" and "Thief 2 The Metal Age", but for those of us who have, this is for you, (and you others can listen in if you want).

Its strange, most people i talk to say they are playing thievery because they got sick of playing Thief1 and Thief2 game missions over and over again. The strange thing about it is, that right under your noses is an entire branch of the thief community that has been going unnoticed for a while. Its called the FM section, for those of you who don't know, there is alot of people out there (including me) who are creating their very own thief maps and putting them up for download (some of which are far better than any of the original thief missions). Now moderators, please don't take this as a drive to get people to leave the tut community because that is not what im trying to do. Im just trying to get the word out to those people who have no clue about a goldmine that sitting right under their noses.

The link is http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com. Check out all of the thousands of thief maps that can be downloaded and played just like any old thief mission, of course you do have to download the "Thief map emulator" called "Darkloader" to get everything to work correctly. I will be posting my map shortly which i have worked 6 months on called "The Bluecoat's Training Facility".

Hope i helped somone out and didn't piss anyone off!

Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Hmm. I came to this game because of Thief, and am very aware of the FM's and play them. And if I am not wrong, this board used to be RIGHT under the FM's board, and I see many people that post here that also post in TTLG. So where are you getting any of this from? And suprise, suprise, the DEV team are all fans of the Thief series and participated in making the FM's. Go Figure.

Kiech

Kiech

Comment

OMG, HE'S TRYING TO DESTROY THIEVERY!!

Seriously though, thanks for the headsup, T13X.

Comment

I came to Thief because of Thievery.

Comment

Ditto Timmy, what they said too. Came from Thief, into Thievery. Actually, I have been getting back into Thief 2 a little bit lately. Forgot what fun it can be. Doing a beta test right now, it's a damn good mission. Lot's of custom objects. Still needs tweaking, but look for it soon enough. It's called Dr.Dragon.

The FM community is very strong, over 200+ FM's to choose from. All the dedication and hard work these guys/gals put into the FM's, we are the lucky ones to get those FM's for free. (unless you wanna buy the FM CD's from Komag :wink: ) And to see Thief develope over the years, out of love for the game. What a community it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
            Hmm. I came to this game because of Thief, and am very aware of the FM's and play them. And if I am not wrong, this board used to be RIGHT under the FM's board, and I see many people that post here that also post in TTLG. So where are you getting any of this from? And suprise, suprise, the DEV team are all fans of the Thief series and participated in making the FM's. Go Figure.
            He "Got it" from the fact that most new players are coming from ut, not the ttlg boards or thief Fms area, he was informing those that hadnt a clue that a "Thief" game existed nevermind playing it that there was something mroe to the mod.

As for telling old thief players about FMs, they wouldnt know about these without a net conn, and if new to the net AND the mod, he has done a great favour to some. Why pull it down kiech?
            How TuF are you?
            League of Legends
            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Please, for the love of god...

If you have thief 2, download 1 - THE SEVENTH CRYSTAL
              2 - CALENDRA'S LEGACY
              3 - CoSaS : Gathering at the inn

In-fucking-credible fan missions.
              JM

Comment

I just read it differently, I guess. If you own Thief, go get some FM's! If you don't, get Thief, then get some FM's!
                Kiech

Comment

Bad day kiech?

*Gets kiech a local FM* there there it'll be better tomorrow matey...
                  How TuF are you?
                  League of Legends
                  Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Thwark will post an old hat pic anythime now. I can feel it. Here it comes...
                    (AKA Dresden)
                    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I don't care about Old hats, they are fun to wear. Nothing wrong with spreading the gospel according to Thief. You never know what new taffer might see it.

Comment

I will get into the FM section when i finish Thief 1 and Thief 2 in HARD mode. Should happen in this decade.
                        Actually it was in the FM section i found about TUT.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

Why? Some of the FM's are BETTER than the original missions.
                          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                            Please, for the love of god...

If you have thief 2, download 1 - THE SEVENTH CRYSTAL
                            2 - CALENDRA'S LEGACY
                            3 - CoSaS : Gathering at the inn

In-fucking-credible fan missions.
                            ditto!
                            This is my cool sig.

Comment

Call me crazy, or just call me lazy. There are too many good ones.
                              Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                              X