Thievery at Leprecon 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery at Leprecon 29

As the computer gaming coordinator for Leprecon 29 (one of the largest science fiction/fantasy and gaming conventions in Arizona), and a Thievery fan, I've decided to run several games of Thievery at this year's convention.

It's a great modification that really adds alot of original ideas to the multiplayer FPS genre, so I believe it will be immensely popular at the convention. If any of you will be in Arizona on the weekend of May 16-18, 2003, you might want to check out the convention.

You can get more information about Leprecon 29 here: http://www.leprecon.org/lep29/index.html

Hopefully, this post won't be considered spam/advertising, I just wanted to let the Thievery community know that this mod we all love so dear will be featured at a future public event!
    "The optimist believes this is the best world to live in, the pessimist fears this may be true..."

Wow man, that's quite sweet. Hope alot of people notice it, and get interested. Have a good time
    - | BlackErtai | -

Comment

[shameless plug] The Team Crackaz site has a forum specifically for LAN event announcements, and any registered user of the site can submit an article about an event. We get a good bit of traffic, it might be worth popping in and making an announcement over there as well. [/shameless plug]

Comment

I've heard that Thievery doesn't go over very well with casual players, mostly because it can't exactly be picked in a few minutes. There's a large learning curve that arcade/convention players don't have the patience to climb. I hope my information is wrong.

But still, that's awesome!! We need all the promotion we can get! *Me ponders buying a ticket to Arizona*
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I just want to say that Clan Phoenix will welcome any and all TUT members that wish to participate in this event - even though I am not sure I can go yet, but its about 3 miles from my home. If you are comming into town for this event, please send me or Anarchtica (if its ok with you big guy!) a PM, and we will provide any assistance you need while you are here in the Valley of the Sun. Happy Taffing!

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstar
            As the computer gaming coordinator for Leprecon 29 (one of the largest science fiction/fantasy and gaming conventions in Arizona), and a Thievery fan, I've decided to run several games of Thievery at this year's convention.

It's a great modification that really adds alot of original ideas to the multiplayer FPS genre, so I believe it will be immensely popular at the convention. If any of you will be in Arizona on the weekend of May 16-18, 2003, you might want to check out the convention.

You can get more information about Leprecon 29 here: http://www.leprecon.org/lep29/index.html

Hopefully, this post won't be considered spam/advertising, I just wanted to let the Thievery community know that this mod we all love so dear will be featured at a future public event!
            I think thats great, get as many people interested as possible.
            "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
            -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

I've told some of my friends about it and pointed them to the site and they think the mod's really neat. The thing I think people like the most about the mod is that it's original and different. It's really not like any other FPS multiplayer game out there. After staffing the LAN gaming room at the local conventions for the past year, I've gotten a pretty good idea about what our regulars like about the games we run, which is why I decided to give Thievery a shot. It may not catch on with the casual players, but our convention attracts alot of die-hard gamers and regulars who I think will really enjoy it, and who knows? Some casual gamers are only casual gamers because the majority of the games out there are so similar and they don't find anything new and different. Maybe they'll get more into gaming when they see how original and different a multiplayer first-person game can be?

Anyway, I'm excited to run this game, and may even decide to run it at Hexacon and Coppercon later in the year (two more local conventions which I also run the LAN gaming room for)... We'll see how it does at Lep.

As a funny side note, when I mentioned Thievery and some of its features to a group of my younger friends, they seemed to really like the idea of Rat DM. Perhaps patch 1.3 will feature more Rat DM features? Could be like a mini-UT, maybe even give tiny rat powerups hidden underneath tables and chairs and things (where only rats would really see them), that give different abilities to rats...

Ahh, there I go making suggestions again...
              "The optimist believes this is the best world to live in, the pessimist fears this may be true..."

Comment

Hopefully 1.3 will be out before your lan tourney.

Sounds good anyway, get the word out etc.
                Red Guard
                Thievery UT

Comment

This is just a reminder that Leprecon 29 is only about a week and a half away.

I'm still planning on running Thievery there, so if you come to the convention, be sure to let us know you were there!

Comment

Great thing! Just don't forget to mention the learning curve, tell them to learn the maps before playing as a thief in multiplayer.

Tell them not to circle-strafe.
                    JM

Comment

Donb't listen to Lur. Make SURE they learn to circle-strafe and DM.
                      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Drum up some publicity for TurfWars, I reckon.
                        Nightmaster,
                        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                        X