Tenchu 3 release - March.05.2003 in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenchu 3 release - March.05.2003 in USA

Tomorrow is the big day... I hope you all have your pre-order's ready to go!
    (PS2 owners only.)

What is Tenchu? And what is PS 2? :?
    "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Tenchu is the original 3rd person sneaker as we know them, came out just before MGS. Tenchu 2 was the prequel, but a different design team worked on it and it sucked. Tenchu 3 is the first of the tenchu series to be on PS2 which is Playstation 2. I hear good things.. some iffy things.. so we will see.

Tenchu is a stealth game where u are a ninja and u sneak around either ghosting or killing all u see. Your objective is not to be seen when killing which is known as a stealth kill. Stealth Kills cut away to a short stop motion screen showing the kill in full formation. Its bad ass to say the least.

Comment

PC > Console.

Or maybe I just opened up a 10 page argument?

Let the debate begin!

(I hate consoles... i've played PS's and XBOX's.... my computer just stomps them both into the ground.)

Comment

Before this arguement goes anywhere.. Back in the day nintendo, sega, and super NES.. the PC never compared.. it never had anything great except for graphics, the games all sucked, and the best control pad was the gravis gamepad. Now that the controllers almost match to the console controllers, the PC also has gotten better titles and most really great games on Consoles are also on PC. However in this case.. there are way more GOOD games that come out on consoles than PC, this game being one of them. Consoles have more supporters and designers. Im not saying that PC doesnt have a lot of good games.. but way less than consoles, and less exposure. There isn't a soul alive who hasn't played Super Mario Bros. And PC games that are converted from console are usually worse on the PC. Example: Need for speed 6. But GTA3 was exactly the same on PC except the PC had better "blown off leg" effects when you shot someone's leg off with the sniper rifle.

All in all..console has its purpose..games.. PC only has better graphics and easier to play FPS, and allows mods and upgrades, but console games are all made to run on that console, so no one has problems with Frames/sec, General Protection Fault, and driver crashes. More uniformed around the fun of the game, rather than the peripherals.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
            Back in the day nintendo, sega, and super NES.. the PC never compared..
            Yes, but welcome to the 21st century.

Comment

ya. welcome.. Ironic how we've all come soooo far.. yet we are playing a game based in medieval times.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                ya. welcome.. Ironic how we've all come soooo far.. yet we are playing a game based in medieval times.
                LMAO!

Using technology to live in the past!

Comment

Keyboard + Mouse is the best control device ever created. I havent tried many, but of the pads/sticks i've tried they are all stupid.

Computers have a much bigger entertainment factor than consoles, with a console, you can play the games you buy, you can so so much more with a PC. (customize, upgrade, internet, the fun of fixing all the problems you have, collect personal data / cool stuff, fiddle, minesweeper, draw, listen to music). When you get sick of the games you buy for a console, or when it's outdated or superceeded, it's useless. Me and a mate took to his Nintendo64 with a crow-bar a few months ago, thats about the only entertainment it provided since the days when the games on it were good.

Comment

LOL..to each his own i guess.. keyboard was made for typing..not maneuvering around strategic games in my opinion. Long live the joystick. Thievery would be impossible for me without my joystick.

Comment

you can play with a joystick?!?!! Well... power to you I guess.

Keyboard = A key for everything you could ever want.
                      Mouse = Precise aiming and quick turning.

Comment

Well of course Mouse too. Honestly, I first played unreal Tournament on PS2 with joystick. The configuration worked great for UT. But thievery is a different beast. The Run-past KO can not be done on a joystick alone.... nor can circlestrafing really. Thats why i need both joystick and mouse.

I use left hand on the analog stick with the buttons on the left side of the controller, and I use right hand on my 5 button mouse. This allows me to do all movements with my left hand, (jump, crouch, run, strafe) Saves me from the carpel tunnel you will all have. lol. And i have the mouse for the precise aiming and quick turning, and all the inventory items, (Fire, Frob, Pull/Sheath weapon, Drink invis or flare, and drink catfall.)

After much re-inventing the ThieveryUser.ini file, I have found a set up that assists me in playing as good as I do. The extreme use of Aliases and binds is key in my game play.

Only thing I dont have bound to my joystick or mouse is speed pots... and flashbomb is bound, but not in a good spot so i also have it bound as my spacebar. The keyboard is used only for switching to arrow/bolts

Comment

I don't get it. Why are we talking about a game thats not Thievery? Wouldn't that take away from my precious taffing time?
                          Kiech

Comment

DING DONG.... FEDEX GUY....

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

Time to go play Tenchu.. Be back later!

Comment

* Shakes head... And returns to Thievery.
                              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X