This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snd! Movies!

hey, i need help! my thief 2 cd is messed up.
    i mean like, most of the sounds are missing from the snd.crf
    ( it is only 80 some MB!), all of the movies are 40kb each,etc.
    can i get those files from anyone? can anyone burn them on a cd or something?
    i really need them. help, pleeeeeeeeease!

:|

Sounds like my Thief II CD. It was a crack off of the Internet, and in order to keep download size to a minimum, they deleted all of the movies and replaced them with 40kb placeholder files, and the sound files were recreated with some funky built-in (to the extracter) decompression algorithm. Hmm. You sure the CD is "messed" up?
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho

Sounds like my Thief II CD. It was a crack off of the Internet, and in order to keep download size to a minimum, they deleted all of the movies and replaced them with 40kb placeholder files, and the sound files were recreated with some funky built-in (to the extracter) decompression algorithm. Hmm. You sure the CD is "messed" up?
      It's called a rip you taffer, and is a ripped version of the game.
      And buy the bloody game, since the rip isnt worth anything in thief!
      "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
        Originally posted by Buho

It's called a rip you taffer, and is a ripped version of the game.
        And buy the bloody game, since the rip isnt worth anything in thief!
        I second that , warez Thief1 doesn't even have guard speeches ! So it didn't stay on my HDD for long. One day I'll find a friend having the original game...

Comment

Agh, rippers. :|

Actually, I downloaded Thief 2 from the net myself, cause it wasn't avalible in Norway when it first came out. Once I found it in a story, I grabbed it and paid for it. Unluckely, that didn't save Looking Glass. :?

But whenever Thief 3 comes out, buy it people! BUY IT OR GET BANNED!

Comment

Fer real, man. I'm getting on the hold list at my local computer store when I hear T3 is coming out! I have the full T1. When I played the rip of T2, it totally ruined my experience, since I had no clue as to the plot with the movies missing. Too late now
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Just play it again whenever you get the original.
              Thanks for your Co-Operation.

Comment

Anybody know where to find T1: TDP now? Searched everywhere...

No rips, dammit!

Also, if I buy it straight from Eidos, is there any reason not to buy T1: Gold?

Comment

T1 Gold is essentially the same game as T1: TDP with the only difference being that in T1 Gold they added a few missions.

Comment

There, ordered T1:TDP from gamesmix.com in Sweden, will have it on Monday

Any patch to make it Gold?

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                      Agh, rippers. :|

Actually, I downloaded Thief 2 from the net myself, cause it wasn't avalible in Norway when it first came out. Once I found it in a story, I grabbed it and paid for it. Unluckely, that didn't save Looking Glass. :?

But whenever Thief 3 comes out, buy it people! BUY IT OR GET BANNED!
                      Anyone who doesn't buy the game will get his ass kicked.

K n00bs??
                      JM

Comment

moved to GenDisc because it has nothing to do with mapping, and really doesn't have anything to do with Thievery itself.
                        I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Suggestion;

When Thief 3 comes out, maybe you should add a Thief 3 Gen Discussion!? I mean, we're big boys now, not part of TTLG anymore - we have developed from being a part of a community, to a community. And since 'there might not be a Thief 3 multiplayer...' - Well, I think you get it.

Comment

i dunno, GenDisc isn't busy enough to split into parts, really. That's my opinion, anyways.

Of Course, we started out doing much more "businesss" (as it were) when we split up the forums on the original move. maybe having seperate forums encourages more communication?
                            I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Yes Thwark, Gen Discussion isn't busy enough (yet). And I didn't mean to make a new forum right now. Remember, Thief 3 hasn't been released yet, they are still under a media blackout. But if IonStorm decides not to develope a MP for Thief 3, well - you guys got yourself a new job.

But anyway, when Thief 3 gets released, or the website opens - then maybe you should create a Thief 3 specific forum - to keep those threads out of the Gen Discussion about Thievery.

I dunno, just my 2 cents . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X