OT: Counterstrike movie! o.O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Counterstrike movie! o.O

I was getting ready to go to work the other day, and i caught this commercial on Turner Broadcasting Station: "one brother is assigned to protect the President. when terrorists take over the cruise liner, the other brother must save them all. (b-movie actor) and (b-movie actor) star in... COUNTERSTIKE"

i couldn't stop laughing for a full day.

apparently the movie showed last weekend. The US President is an Englishwoman. With a very English accent. the movie was supposedly based on the book "The Attack on the Queen" (Queen here = QE2 oceanliner) but... i duno. terrorists. counterterrorists. the CS logo. it seems too much to be mere coincidence.
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA CS = B MOVIE!!!
    Gotta knock a little harder
    Break through the door
    --Cowboy Bepop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door OST signed by Yoko Kanno *heart*

lol, This is prolly a horrible movie, and would prolly disgust me greatly under other circumstances. However I think it may be worth watching just to laugh at.
    "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
    -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

o yeah, it was definitely that bad. hell, it's a made-for-TV movie, and i'm sure we agree all those are usually complete crap (except for, maybe, the miniseries based on Frank Herbert's Dune, Children of Dune, and Stephen King's book The Stand). and this was below average, even for that. stilted dialogue, canned plot, an Englishwoman as the US President (you need to be both a citizen, and also born in the United States to be US President-- which is why you'll never see Madeleine Albright becoming Prez, since she was born in a US consulate when her father was in the State Department). the only thing that was kind of cool (in my opinion) was that one of the heroes was an ATF officer. you usually don't see people from the Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, and Firearms in action movies, even though they're in a lot of these kinds of situations. (terrorism investigations, hostage negotiations... overlap of authority with the FBI to some degree)
      Break through the door

Comment

Correction: You need to be a "natural born citizen" to become president. As long as you can claim citizenship from birth, you're eligible (if you meet the other eligibility requirements). That was put in to prevent people from other countries becoming citizens and then running for president.

Which still leaves the impossibility of of an English woman being the pres of the US.

Comment

I haven't seen this one, but I can say that the company(actually, the station TBS) that was behind it has made some good made for TV movies(actually, I believe they're batting 100).

Although I agree that generally made for TV movies suck. Although there are exceptions(like IT).
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

are you suuure? because by that logic Albright would be eligible to run for Prez, right? is there some other reason why she can't? (you piqued my curiousity)
            Break through the door

Comment

Originally posted by DocSkrilla
              are you suuure? because by that logic Albright would be eligible to run for Prez, right? is there some other reason why she can't? (you piqued my curiousity)
              Pretty sure, yeah. I wasn't aware that M. Albright wasn't eligible for the presidency.

On a side note, US embassies ARE considered US soil.

[EDIT]

Here's the actual text of the US Constitution:
              No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.
              The full text of the constitution and ammendments is available here.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                I haven't seen this one, but I can say that the company(actually, the station TBS) that was behind it has made some good made for TV movies(actually, I believe they're batting 100).
                i saw it on Sunday, and i would not tell a lie it's not completely crap, but it's really trite in its handling of a lot of the issues (family, failure, shouldering the burden of someone else's death, suicidal tendencies) but let me not over analyze this-- the core issue is that the gunplay and the ending T&A-fest hand-to-hand combat were all a giant-sized order of SUQ.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                I wasn't aware that M. Albright wasn't eligible for the presidency. On a side note, US embassies ARE considered US soil.
                (my mom said that about Albright when i said i wanted to go into public service after my doctoral degree) and about embassies and consulates, yeah, i thought so too-- after all, planes within said embassies are technically within US airspace.
                Break through the door

Comment

But an English woman still couldn't be the prez. How silly.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Which still leaves the impossibility of of an English woman being the pres of the US.
                    Well conceivably, someone could be born in the US, raised in the UK (and therefore developed an accent), returned to the US, and then become president....

Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheMad
                      Well conceivably, someone could be born in the US, raised in the UK (and therefore developed an accent), returned to the US, and then become president....

After 14 years residence and reaching age 35, sure. But that's still a US citizen.

Comment

Working...
                      X