Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual channel

I as the compie dumbie am not absolutely sure so i better ask you :
    I ve got 2x 1gb piece of ram and to use them in dual channel configuartion i have to :
    Put both RAMs to channel a1 and a2 ?
    or one to a1 and the other to b1 ?

on the MoBo theyre there like this : A1 A2 B1 B2 .. strange as A1 and B1 are the same colour (black) and A2 and B2 too (yellow)
    ^^ what acutally confuses me

fank you
    hehe

you need to refer to your mb manual but normally two colours indicate separate channels or different speeds of ram .need more details ie ddr or sd or ddr2
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Additionally, it should tell you if the computer is making use of dual memory when you see the POST screen.

Comment

just insert them into the first two banks starting from left or right.
        Then check bootscreen.
        www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

A1 & A2, set the memory frequency in the BIOS. Read the MoBo Manual too, should be able to get it running no problem.

I've got 4 x 512 chips running in the same kinda config and it's fine.
          ~TuF~

Comment

Typically its A1 & B1, A2 & B2, hence why they are the same color
            I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Ah yep it was in the post screen i had then in single channel now ive them in a1 and b1 and thats ze dual channel thx guys
              hehe

Comment

Working...
              X