UT2004 help question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2004 help question

I am recieving an error msg on starting ut2004.

It says at the top
    Microsoft visual c++ runtime libarary
    X runtime error C:\Ut2004.exe
    the runtime has requested the application be terminated in an unusual way.

Does anyone know whats causing this? and how can I fix it?

Start by seeing what information is in the UT2004.log file.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Why is UT2004.exe on the root of your C: Drive?

Could do with a bit more info Ghostly, What OS are you running? What service pack etc..

OMG, just noticed my title, I love you M2! I am, the artist formally known as....
      Last edited by Machine; 24 Apr 2007, 04:51 AM. Reason: COOLNESS
      ~TuF~

Comment

sounds like you need to patch it to the latest version
        also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

I am sure he does have it patched to the latest for UT, since he played on my server at one time before.

GA if all else fails, trying googling for the answer. Type in the error, see what you can come up with. Has worked for me in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
            Why is UT2004.exe on the root of your C: Drive?
            Actually, that is the main question to know. Good eye Mach.

Even if you installed UT2004 to the root C:\ drive, the exe file would still need to be in the system folder. Me thinks you tried to make a shortcut on your C: drive and instead copied the actual exe file to C:
            I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

I am running windows XP service pack 2, with automatic updates.
              It is patched to the latest version. I tried reinstalling but it does the same thing.
              Whats all this about C drive? I've never had a problem with it before. But theres a first time for everything I guess.

I have tried Googling for the answer, and apparently this is a common problem for all types of apps.

Comment

what mod are u having on,wat did you reinstal ut or xp
                check that zipped or winrar files have gone to the right places.i had a problem like yours i reinstalled all the patches for ut including some map packs then i reinstalled the latest patch again.also mine is on c:/ut2oo4
                also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Originally posted by reemulmyu View Post
                  what mod are u having on,wat did you reinstal ut or xp
                  check that zipped or winrar files have gone to the right places.i had a problem like yours i reinstalled all the patches for ut including some map packs then i reinstalled the latest patch again.also mine is on c:/ut2oo4
                  I reinstalled UT2004, I haven't installed any mods.
                  UT installed off the cd's then I d/l the latest patch.

I even d/l the runtime thing from microsoft, hoping that would help. The results from googling the problem are daunting to say the least.

heck, I guess if all else fails I can reinstall Windows XP. Its been a couple years and a fresh start couldn't hurt I guess.
                  But, its a last resort.

Funny thing is, all other games work fine. Including UT99 and thievery. Go figure.

Comment

Runtime Error is a generic category of errors, usually there is additional information.

What about the log? What does the log say?
                    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius View Post
                      Runtime Error is a generic category of errors, usually there is additional information.

What about the log? What does the log say?
                      what I wrote is all it said. It wasn't a UT error msg. It was a computer error. There wasn't a log.

Comment

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=146864
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
                          what I wrote is all it said. It wasn't a UT error msg. It was a computer error. There wasn't a log.
                          Maybe it just didn't like the way you played and no longer thinks you deserve to play it
                          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

I tried what they said, didn't work for me.

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
                            Maybe it just didn't like the way you played and no longer thinks you deserve to play it
                            If that were the case You would never play video games.

EDIT: Update: I got it working. Had to completely uninstall UT2004 but oh well. Then reinstall.
                            Thanks for the help.
                            Last edited by Ghostly apparition; 26 Apr 2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X