Should I be concerned??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be concerned??

I just downloaded Roboblitz, and figured before I buy the Editor that comes with the game, I would see how the trial played out.

The game didn't like my new comptuer.

I had to turn down the graphics to the lowest setting, and turn off the special lighting options, and the shadows to get it to run well. Anyways, I am worried that UT3 will work just as poorly. Of course, I suspose there will be alternative modes and controls that the trial of Roboblitz does not offer...

Bottom line, do I have to get a better graphics card already? Or maybe even a physics dedicated card?

Vista has this little tool to tell you how bad your comptuer is, so i'll post it for you:

More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ 4.2 3.0
    Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 896 MB 3.9
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 3.3
    Gaming graphics 319 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0
    Primary hard disk 230GB Free (292GB Total) 5.7
    Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
    Model RQ401AA-ABA a1712n
    Total amount of system memory 896.00 MB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 1
    64-bit capable Yes

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
    Disk partition (C 230 GB Free (292 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D 906 MB Free (6 GB Total)
    Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (on the motherboard)
    Total available graphics memory 319 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 191 MB
    Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.65
    Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024
    DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
    Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

P.S., I have a VisionTech 9250 (128) sitting right next to me, but I wasn't ready to commit to it yet.
    Kiech

You have Vista, of course it runs badly. Try again in 3 months time after Service Pack 1 and the driver situation improves.

For comparison, my computer is an Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, 2GB ram, ATi X800XT, Windows XP rig and it works fine.
    Last edited by immortius; 2 May 2007, 07:07 AM.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Memory (RAM) 896 MB 3.9
      Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 3.3
      That could be the bulk of your problem. I think you need to at least bring your RAM into the GIG range...2 would be my minimum recommendation. And anything less than a 7800GTX or ATI x1600 is probably not gonna get you far with any graphic intensive game released in 2007, and thats bare minimum.
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

as its only a onboard chip i would invest in a separate card if i were you as the onboard shares your memory
        also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Working...
        X