No announcement yet.

Choosing teamspeak port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, TS isn't exactly taxing on the old bandwidth, unless everyone is in the same channel talking at once.. then it gets ugly
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
      Host your own Teamspeak, cheaper.
      Ten slots at five pence a slot, thats £6 a year, i'd say that pretty cheap considering its:

I got 2 small servers running 24/7 with a huge bandwide upload/download of around 100Mb/s!
      Well I offer a test server available for every1 to check (link at bottom) the quality and on intrest I hire separate servers for .......

Test server link (10 slots):
      86.106.13.17:8805
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Buy your own connection like that and start selling servers yourself it will pay for itself, and who knows maybe you'll gain money
        SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

The knowledge and reputation you can attain by hosting one can not have a price attached to them.
          ~TuF~

Comment

I've not been entirely honest:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=496242
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

so you pay virtual money for a TS server on eve?

The dude later down does make a good post: Ventrilo's voice quality is far superior to TS, even on the highest bitrate channel in TS...
              Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

I dont pay virtial money, tis my corp leader that pays, i jsut organise it, if vent is better when why does TS still exist?
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                  if vent is better when why does TS still exist?
                  ... this happens everywhere... if Snickers are better than Mars, why do Mars still exist?? If ATI are better than Nvidia why does Nvidia still exist... AMD / Intel you name it...

Competition.

It is my personal oppinion that the sound quality on Vent IS alot better... That may be proven fact, or simply oppinion... see for yourself.

In some situations, worse is better.

If 90% of the result can be achieved with 10% of the work (or bandwidth), then it can be said to be better.

But when i'd rather have the far superior audio quality from vent as opposed to saving on bandwidth, to make random american accents slightly more understandable; when i have 14 mbit of bandwidth to waste on it... it is not a problem for me. However for someone on dial up, or slower internet, they may prefer the other option...

The world is full of choice...
                  ...people tend to complain at the lack of it

Comment

The administration is Teamspeak is far better and simpler. The interface is also arguably better.

Vent is not better than Teamspeak, its better in some areas and worse in others. I went through a comparison myself a number of years ago when TuF sought to establish a voice comms server somehow. If your looking for a server, get TS, if your looking to speak to your mates every no and then get vent or skype.

Also tried other applications like rodger-wilco which just arn't worth mentioning.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                    X