X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of unused COM ports

Hi

Got a trouble :
    I've got windows vista laptop with bluetooth, and allways when i connect some bluetooth device, windows assigns to the device 2 ports. When i disconenct the device, ports disappear and when i connect it again, it assign two next ports and leaves those 2 which it used before unused. It wouldn't be any problem if the program I have to use supported ports above COM9

In manual to that programe it is mentioned and there's a way to remove them, but apparently doesn't work on Vista.
    (the way is to type ic CMD
    Code:
    set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    and then in Device Manager delete them manually, but i can't see them there (+ view hidden devices) )

When i tried to work it by myself, I found in Device Manager an option to change the port (unused ports are labeled as used there, when i pick an used port (which is in fact unused ) it askes me to confirm that there's another device connected and it will stop work)) So i changed the port but the program doesn't like that it canr't make a serial connection or wtf.

Ive already tried to google it, but without any success.

Fanks for any reply, I'm helpless.
    hehe

If you upgraded to vista from an XP laptop, i'd really reccommend going back to XP, as i have found out personally, vista is nowhere near as properly supported, bug-free and whatnot as XP is.

If vista is assigning 2 device ports to each bluetooth device it connects to, have you tried reconnecting back to a device it has already connected to? does it use the 2 it assigned before; or try to assign more. If you've connected to it, it may then show up in the device manager and allow you to delete them.

Are you sure its not just a driver problem though? Maybe update and whatnot could help, it sounds like it's doing a poor job xD

Also have you tried the "safeley remove device" wizard crap in the system tray?

Just pulling ideas...
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Working...
    X