Wireless keyboard suggestions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless keyboard suggestions needed

I need a new keyboard. I got a bonus at work, so the price of the keyboard i not the really a problem. The quality is! (but dont show me the Optimus joke, i'm not that rich! ) So, heres what i need;

-Wireless (Bluetooth or not, i dont care)
    -No lag, thats extremely important
    -I dont care much about special or custom keys, lcd display or things like this
    -The keyboard need to work on linux, or at least all the regular 104 keys. I'm using Ubuntu 7.04
    -The keys can maybe be illuminated, its not something i really want, but its a good option.
    -Nothing from microsoft, their keyboards are sooo huge.

For now, i have choosen between 2 logitech product.
    -Logitech diNovo Edge
    -Logitech diNovo media desktop laser

Both are really nice. The Edge one is so sweet (got one actually to try it, can return it too). The Edge dont have any numpad, thats wierd. The media desktop one have some problem in linux; the numpad with the lcd is not supported, so i end up with mostly the same result than with the diNovo (only the keybord work, not the media pad), but with a free mouse for the same price... The Edge is rechargeable, the media desktop one is not.

Now i need some suggestion, or coment if you have one of both. Plus i dont know any other brand, maybe you buy something really sweet that we dont have directly in store here?
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Delirium wants you to save up for a trip to Cuba. This is her conscience speaking.

Seriously, at what points on the value graph are those? Much too far up the top tail of the cost/benefit curve!

Comment

hahaha Dang you Moses! He know my wife better than me! Well, the bonus in question pay the keybord without problem. I already have more asside than her, im ready to buy a house next summer, but she wanna do a trip first... so i wait and spend my money on something else!
      My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
      And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

use a usb kboard it will be faster than wire or blue therefore enabling you to take delerium on holiday and get you brownie points for when you want something special for pc
        Last edited by reemulmyu; 20th Jul 2007, 01:02 PM.
        also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

I think he wants to be able to operate his media center from across the apt (and probably from the bathroom too).

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k View Post
            I think he wants to be able to operate his media center from across the apt (and probably from the bathroom too).
            Who doesn't want to do that. Sillay Moses.
            Blow me Away. A good song.

Comment

he didnt specify why he wanted wireless moses and im not a mind reader
              also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

He told me. I'm not mind-reading.

Comment

Well i have a G15 keyboard that is wired, and then another keyboard pluged into the hub on the G15, that keyboard is wireless 5 meters, and as far as the pc is concerned its 1 keyboard, hell even the caps lock key on one activates both.
                  Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

No wireless keyboards for me either. I recently replaced my keyboard and bought a Logitech UltraX keyboard (mine is a little different than the one in this photo, it has a black bar running along the top of it). Lovely little thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X