X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 3 issues thread!

System spec,

Asus a7n8x-e 1.1 GHz

Nvidia BFG 6800 ultra 256 mb agp, not over clocked in the options.

Enough ram, 2048 (1 256 stick- to 3 individual 3gb if I want) \
    I always had difficulties setting the ram correctly using the 3 ports and the bios set up, always unclear of different opinions online how it’s done, and I’m not at that great an understanding how to get it correctly set.

Driver’s up to date, also used omega drivers, direct x up to date also.

I can run ut3 on full, playable on smaller maps, but really I just wanted to see what it looked like.

Hello, I have the ut3 collector’s edition in a metal tin, it comes with the bonus disc and art work book and after installing I’m having the following problems trying to do certain things, and therefore can’t learn ut3ed…

Few examples of issues,

1. Bonus content, the tutorial videos have no sound, and just like the making of videos, they get stuck and hang in certain areas when watching them in both wmp and windvd, I tried copying the files off the disc and dragging them to the desktop and they still hang and stall, to the point image sections are lost but the audio runs in sync with the time for the making of videos, the vtm’s have no sound what so ever.

2. The only map I could try opening in the editor was the Darkened Enluightenment.ut3 file and the editor crashes, I tried turning gpu settings off (anti aliasing etc) and got no difference, I can’t locate the ut3 map files anyway where are they, I went through folders and there not visibly there.

3. In the campaign option I start the game off, and the video of a truck rolling in doesn’t crash to desktop but hangs and I have to actually power down my computer to get control of it again, as ctrl alt delete process manager isn’t accessible, it seems unable to process either that amount of information or there is some deeper issue.

Thanks for looking, if you could help that would be much appreciated!

1. Sounds like a bad disc.

2. Did you do the necessary set up for editing Nightblade maps before trying to open DE (as described in Nightblade Mapping - Getting Started)? The standard UT3 maps should be in .\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Cooked PC\Maps, but be aware they are Cooked which means they're not suitable for editing and have some things stripped out.

3. Dunno.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Perhaps Omega is the source
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Originally posted by immortius View Post
        The standard UT3 maps should be in .\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Cooked PC\Maps, but be aware they are Cooked which means they're not suitable for editing and have some things stripped out.

After I have the editor open I go to open a file, and that folder you mention Immortius isn't visable, however when I go through my computewr looking for it, its there and so are the files, so through ued i can't see that folder, and cannot open map files through the ued method, can't drag drop from what I know... any other way? thanks Imortius

"Your going nowhere sunshine..." - UTGoblin

Comment

Clearly what you say makes no sense. If you can't see a folder through an Open Dialog window, then you need to get rid of your PC, because it's just not for you.
          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

The editor's file dialogs default to the UT3 directories under My Documents, which are a mirror of the structure under Program Files, so make sure you're in the right place? Other than that I have no idea why you can't see the maps.
            Last edited by immortius; 21st Apr 2008, 08:38 AM.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

try downloading the cccp codec pack ,i have the same version of ut3 and i dont have a problem with it
              also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Originally posted by reemulmyu View Post
                try downloading the cccp codec pack ,i have the same version of ut3 and i dont have a problem with it
                Thank you, problem solved, lack of up to date codecs, both the sound and video run in sync now.

Comment

i just bought Unreal tournament 3 Black, and some of the maps are glitchy. For example, i was playing deathmatch on Gateway, and in the jungle area, green things shot out of the map and went everywhere. This also happened on Confrontation, but to a lesser degree. I dont think its my graphics, because i have a HIS IceQ4 4850. Any ideas/suggestions?

i made a piczo site which has them, because they keep failing when i upload:
                  http://www.ut3screenshots.piczo.com/?cr=2

Comment

First pic tell us that you should use you VGA as a frying pan. Just reduce your OC, or put the original memory/chipset clocks (factory settings, not the card original settings) via your Crapalist control panel, and try again.

If nothing change, delete the content of your "user\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config" then reload the game.

If nothing again, try to update or downgrade to an older version your VGA driver. New not always mean better.

Good luck
                    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Yep, either you've overclocked the chip something awful or it's a bad chip. underclock that shit yo. etc.
                      ..it's safer here.

Comment

oh thanx guys it worked!

Comment

Working...
                        X