Crash boom video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash boom video card

SO ya i had some crashs recently and after a few it destroyed my video card, i assumed my video card was just done, but no i got a new one and still getting crash, now im scared that it burn again...

Could it be my ram that caused the video card failure ?

Power supply?
    ..it's safer here.

Comment

anyway i can test out a power supply ?

Comment

get your hands on another one if you can, try that.
        ..it's safer here.

Comment

Sounds like the PSU as Baz said.
          ~TuF~

Comment

Update your motherboard/chipset drivers.

I was experiencing the same thing after I bought a new graphics card. It all boiled down to old chipset drivers, and since Dell hadn't released any new drivers since 2002, I was forced to buy a new motherboard.

Comment

VIA + ATI maybe?

Write your hardware specification.
              .:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

Win Xp service pack 3
                Asus motherbother
                Amd dual core 2.13
                Geforce 9600 gts
                (latest drivers)

The problem changed a bit lately, After i play a game for a while , in some games the textures change to ugly colors ie water look like lava, in some games the textures of some 3d model (skin) will be shown full screen, some games crash some just slow down, i can tab back into a slow down windows.

Comment

I installed EVGA Precision and lowered the clock speed a bit and i havent got a problem yet since i did, was reading on evga forum that those card i got might be a bit too much factory overclocked, i hope its the problem, so far so good.

Comment

I had a crazy, similar problem with my BFG 7800 - kept crashing when I *sometimes* ran a 3d application (sometimes not) I thought it was DirectX for ages, but then changed my chipset motherboard and now it works all teh timez!

Originally posted by SMithy View Post
                    The problem changed a bit lately, After i play a game for a while , in some games the textures change to ugly colors ie water look like lava, in some games the textures of some 3d model (skin) will be shown full screen, some games crash some just slow down, i can tab back into a slow down windows.
                    This sounds like RAM, how long after a fresh reboot does it take for this to happen?
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

Sounds like a faulty graphics card to me, if lowering the GPU clock slightly fixes it then keep it set that way and buy an ATI next time (I've always found them to have better stability although YMMV)

With it happening with two cards it could also be the mobo or graphics card slot. If you have the option try another slot for the card do that.
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

12V rail on a PSU is far more important when considering high-end graphics cards, than the total wattage of the PSU in general. I have a 300W PSU, but it can deliver more on the 12v rail than a generic 500W could...

Motherboard issues can also cause problems with graphics (as the busses are all under stress/load, and the controller chips) I had a bad mobo and it caused graphics artefacting, so i returned the graphics card thinking that was the problem, but upon return they tested it and couldn't find anything wrong with the card.

So PSU, Mobo are the main ports of call ...
                        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Working...
                        X