problems installing 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems installing 1.3

Guess I'm gonna have to be the first ops: to ask for help....

I downloaded 1.3. I installed it and started it up and,....kaploooyyeeee!!!

I'll try to describe what I see on my screen: There is a small window with Thievery attempting to start in it. I see an error message that says "Error" with an 'ok' button below it. Thievery is running but it is almost black and all I can see are the lights or torches of the map I loaded. The window will not enlarge to fill my screen.
    The files appear to be in their correct folders. (I'm not very good at stuff like this, should I reinstall everything from scratch and start over?)

I'm running Win98SE. I played Thievery 1.2 with no problems before - Could some one suggest something helpful ? - I'd be very appreciative. Thanks
    ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

DId you select the correct rendering mode for your video card when you first started it up after installing 1.3?

Comment

Hi LR,
      Actually, no.... But I just tried to do just that (even though I wasn't sure what I was doing - turned out to be the icon on my desktop would no longer function and I had to run the Thievery executable from within the files themselves) and with some burps and coughs it started up, but without the proper sound. For 5 minutes or so I played without any sound effects. The Thievery theme music worked fine and then suddenly, for no apparent reason the sound effects started to work intermittently...sputtering in and out like a radio just off frequency. Weird. But hey, I'm thankful that it works. Probably time for a more up to date system. Or memory or something.

Thanks LR!!

Comment

Erm, has installing the patch reset your DirectSound boolean variable?

From what I can remember, 1.2 overwrote both ThieveryMod.ini & ThUser.ini, one of which contained the reference to DirectSound.

Comment

The DirectSound option is in UnrealTournament\System\ThAux.ini. Try setting that to true/false - should fix your sound problem.

Comment

Thanks Dalai, 't 'id do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by SiLeNt_NiGhT
              Thanks Dalai, 't 'id do the trick!
              How the heck is that pronounced lol.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I'm a little wordy at times.... so I try to compensate,...( er, I mean, ... oh ferget it...)

" 't 'id" : a combination of it and did, but shortened for a 'casual speak - east coaster' effect....

(...I'll shuddup now....)

Comment

Working...
                X