Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux and Thievery UT - How To

hi everyone, i am not sure how active these forums are,
    but iI thought i'd try to ask my question here anyway.

i want to install thievery ut on my linux installation of ut.
    ut works fine, many other mods do as well; but i only
    saw an executable version of thievery...

so how would i go about getting thievery to work for me
    on linux?

that is... if it is possible....

kind regards.

I don't think it's possible (yet) to play thievery on linux. I'm sorry.
    JM

Comment

thank you kindly for your prompt reply.
      i hope someone else has better news though.

Comment

Leatherman runs a Thievery Server under Linux. He uses Wine.
        Ask him.

Comment

The only way Thievery will work under Linux is with Wine. The installation of UT and Thievery goes pretty smoothly with the latest version/s. The framerate is only about 10-20% slower than the Windows version but the game loads much faster and crashes less often. Graphics quality is nearly identical.

The only problems you would have is if you tried to run a server, but it is possible.
          No Linux, No Choice.
          Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Or if you dont want a windows partition you can go and subscribe to winex (on their forums I have posted (under thief) how to install TuT thru winex 2 (windowed thievery only) and the same applies for the new beta of winex3 (full screen mode and better fps) 8) If you use winex i suggest you run thievery in OpenGL and shove your mouse sinsitivity down by 75% (better drivers in linux but thats obvious :wink: ) :grin:

oops misread your post- I've never got the LINUX UT to run with tut- so you would do a windows install for the winex idea- but that doesnt mean you cant also have a linux ut install (ive had to have two installs for mods that wiped out a ut folder before now :x )
            [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Will we need a certian flavour of wine to get theivery working? Will the plain old ordanary Wine work? Or would WineX, CodeWeavers Wine or another variety be better? Or doesnt it matter an im just being paronoid?

Comment

One or two of you have already visited 'Mog's Private Server' - probably by accident :grin:
                This is a Linux/Wine dedicated server that I hope to be running soon
                Thanks to Leatherman for all his help

Hah! Finally, I'm not a 'lol noob lol' :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by weirdarsefreak
                  Will we need a certian flavour of wine to get theivery working? Will the plain old ordanary Wine work? Or would WineX, CodeWeavers Wine or another variety be better? Or doesnt it matter an im just being paronoid?
                  Wine works just fine as will Codeweavers, but WineX does not. Let us know if you need any help with the details.
                  No Linux, No Choice.
                  Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

ive run thievery fine under winex- (3 months and it was gr8) but winex doesn't like some configurations so it's a case of each unto his own-or if it works it works gr8 if it doesn't you're stuck 8)
                    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                    X