Display/Video card troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display/Video card troubles

hey guys, long time no see! I just recently bought a power laptop for all of my gaming needs and i was led to believe that it would play any game I wanted it to on decently high settings. For the most part it can, but unfortunately, it seems the video card is a little dated. Currently i'm using the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT and it doesnt even seem to run the left 4 dead demo on high settings. I was curious if anyone could fill me in on a decent but affordable video card i could buy for my laptop?
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Good luck, graphics cards on laptops are generally not replaceable. Your first stop would be to check if you can actually get the existing card out of the system and what slot it is plugged into. It may well be that the card is a custom shape to fit the laptop. The laptop manufacturer may offer upgrade options though...
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Yeah thats really unfortunate, im pretty sure the graphics card i have is the best possible one i can get, which sucks.
      If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

Not checked them for a while but you may get some extra performance from the Omega drivers if he's done them for your card/OS. {http://omegadrivers.net/}
        -

Comment

I tried the drivers but apparently there's no laptop support for the vista drivers currently :/. Know any other good places to find gaming drivers?

Comment

Sorry, I don't even use the Omega drivers these days. It took the guy long enough to roll out some Vista drivers so I doubt he has 64-bit Vista drivers yet!

I've never heard of any others but then I've never looked, there may be someone else out there doing them now.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ might get you some extra performance on some games.
            -

Comment

Working...
            X