Problem with " | onrelease" in aliases while onlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with " | onrelease" in aliases while onlin

I was having trouble with using items accidently while trying to frob - for example, I'd hit X to drink invis, then try to frob an item, and drink my other invis instead. To fix this, I made this alias:

[code:1:4cb7ae43eb]Aliases[32]=(Command="ThUsePickup ThieveryMod.ThPickupPotionInvisibility | onrelease ClientNoItem",Alias=DrinkInvis)[/code:1:4cb7ae43eb]

Then I set my X key to be "DrinkInvis". The reason I had to make an alias for this was because I use .txt files for separate Guard/Thief binds, and use of the | operator is not allowed in exec'ed .txt files.

However now in 1.3, I am noticing problems with these aliases I have (I have an alias for each potion and item). When I am on my own server it works fine. However when I am online, the "onrelease ClientNoItem" doesn't seem to work in all cases.

On my own server, it doesn't matter if I hit and release the X key quickly, or hold it down for a second and then release it - the current item is always cleared when I release the key. On any online server, the current item is only cleared if I hold the key down for a second or so, and then release. That is, when I'm online, if I quickly hit and release the key, the current item is not cleared. Does anyone experience anything similar, or know how to help?

Yeah, i had the same on my bind. But ... that bind has been around 1.2 and i got it there also. It's not a 1.3 thingy
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
      On any online server, the current item is only cleared if I hold the key down for a second or so, and then release. That is, when I'm online, if I quickly hit and release the key, the current item is not cleared. Does anyone experience anything similar, or know how to help?
      Sounds like lag to me. In very laggy games I sometimes have to hold down the mouse button to make things work as well.
      But you know that 1.3 allows seperate binds for inventory and world frob, right?
      ]V[]V[

Comment

Hmm, have you definately got Clientside Inventory enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
          Hmm, have you definately got Clientside Inventory enabled?
          Yes.

MM - yeah I know about the new option for 2 buttons to use inventory/world items. I was hoping for the one button solution because that's what I'm used to, and it used to work fine in 1.2. But I gave in and I am now trying to get used to 2 use buttons...

Comment

Yea, Slappy, I mentioned this in a previous post myself, Darkbill also has this problem as well. So far there is no fix. I read up on similar situations in UT aliases, and the pros there said that sometimes online games seem to miss commands that happen quickly and that even though they work fine in Solo games, nuthing seems to make them work in online games. I've been struggling with this one for a long time. I've even tried repeating the command 50 times.

Aliases[32]=(Command="ThUsePickup ThieveryMod.ThPickupPotionInvisibility | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem | onrelease ClientNoItem",Alias=DrinkInvis)

Like that....but no go. So in short..its hopeless.. you have to bind a clear item key separately.

Comment

Working...
            X