This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Computer

Well the parts arrived for my new Computer.
    This is what I went with.
    !. AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 GHZ (quad core)
    2. Asus M3A79-T Deluxe Motherboard
    3. Case: Coolermaster Cosmos s
    4. PSU: Silverstone stf70f 700w power supply
    5.Memory Corsair 4 gigs ddr2 ram 1066 mhz dual channel 2 2 gig sticks
    6. HD: 300 gb wd velociraptor 10,000 rpm hd
    7. cpu cooler zalman cnps 9700
    8. video card: EVGA Geforce GTX 285 Superclocked Edition

everything is great although I might think twice about zalman cpu coolers again. When I started it up for the first time cpu cooler didn't work. tried to take it back off with no luck either so just to double check i tried starting it again and this time it worked.

anyway----pics

i messed with overclocking which was fairly simple and got it to 3.4 ghz stable. I think I can get it to 3.6 or a little more with a bit of tweaking.

3D Mark 06 score 17,352

Sweet setup and I am very happy with it.
    Bonus, It started right up and no smoke coming out this time. whew

Edit: tried to post pics but forum isn't letting me.

Wish I had a velociraptor. Clever girl.

Comment

You could try buying velociraptors at the Dollar Store. No guarantee on quality though -- you could buy dozens before you get one that's actually clever.

Comment

When I started it up for the first time cpu cooler didn't work. tried to take it back off with no luck either so just to double check i tried starting it again and this time it worked.
        I had that with my stock-intel cooler, turned out the cpu hadn't got hot enough for the automatic-fan (bios setting) to enable, at one point it would spin up, turn off, spin up turn off as it kept cooling the cpu enough - now I have it set to always-on for the fan.
        [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

nah, chief I don't think that was it. I think threatening it with removal got the lazy cpu cooler on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid View Post
            You could try buying velociraptors at the Dollar Store. No guarantee on quality though -- you could buy dozens before you get one that's actually clever.
            You know I tried that but they were out of stock on velociraptors at the dollar store. The had some cheap Moses though, Most the paint was chipped off on most of them.
            I buy my salsa at the grocery store, I buy the good stuff not this hybrid stuff with the cheap ingredients they pawn off as salsa nowadays.

Comment

My half-brother's a REAL FIREMAN and his salsa is named FIREHOUSE SALSA and I MADE THE WEBSITE FOR IT! It's got that old-timey, Web 1.0 feel and it probably violates tons of standards.

The salsa is quite good, in case you had a wonder to reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k View Post
                My half-brother's a REAL FIREMAN and his salsa is named FIREHOUSE SALSA and I MADE THE WEBSITE FOR IT! It's got that old-timey, Web 1.0 feel and it probably violates tons of standards.

The salsa is quite good, in case you had a wonder to reckon.
                This quite obviously flew over your head.
                But I'll check out the salsa none the less.

Comment

It's not available on SalsaXpress.

Comment

Some of us prefer the more moderate salsa that's like the median between hot and mild. It has that special zing, but doesn't turn your taste buds into charcoal in the process.

Comment

A Texan who prefers his salsa from proverbial New York City. How ironic.

Comment

hmm, that seems vaguely familiar........

Btw hybrid, Saw you on the volleyball courts the other day. Nice return volley, You been working on your game?

Comment

No, I haven't been working on Fight Parley Profit 2 at all. Sorry, loyal fans.

Comment

My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to take off their underpants... MY SALSA!

One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

My Salsa makes grown men fall to their knees and weep tears of yielding mercy. Often it burns the next day on it's way out.
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X