No announcement yet.

Creating a "Uax" file (dev's question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a "Uax" file (dev's question)

Hey, i was looking in my thievery directory in hope to find a way to import my own custom guard sayings (ie where hast that gone too!?) etc. I found that all the guard voices are zipped up into a Uax file, or somehow put into one. If somone could tell me how i could import my own voices and make it a Uax file i would appriciate it.

Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

You wouldn't be able to use it unless the other players had it as well.

I believe that you would import them into a new package in the audio? browser.

I'm guessing 8-bit PCM encoded wav files(but it is merely a guess).
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

audio files must be 8-bit 22.05mhz mono unsigned. You import them in via the sound browser in Ued. Import them into a new .uax, not an official game file. Send the new uax with your map, if that's how you want it out.
      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

well, no actually im not making a map, i just want to be able to say things besides the current speech that the player can use. Would it work if no one else had the files? and just me?
        "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Not if you wanted other people to be able to hear it.

Comment

Timmy, I know how to get this workin,

It's been a while but i'm sure if i ran thru it again i'd get it right.

I ported the voices from the game "Kingpin" into UT... so funny...

When i killed somebody...

DIE YOU MUTHA F**KER!

EAT SH*T AND DIE F**KFACE!

I was in tears!
            ~TuF~

Comment

while on the topic of the audio....how would one export the sound from the game.....i really want to burn the menu music to a disc

Comment

yeah me too, the entrance music is pretty damn phat. Anyway, hey mach, email me would ya? [email protected]

Also, i heard some guard running around and making these weird noises while playing online. The one time, he was running around and singing in the german accent, and the other is a wild kackle that cracked me up. If anyone knows anything about this...

Comment

To hear music either:
                  A) Get the Umx decoder for winamp 2.xx... works wonders.
                  or
                  b) Open ued and open the music files in the music browser and hit export.
                  "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

http://members.lycos.nl/v12us/ThieveryUT-Intro.mp3

Ain't I great?

If the dev's don't like me posting that, just delete the link and I'll get the hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                      To hear music either:
                      Where do we get the UMX decoder for Winamp?
                      Team ORJ

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawprin
                        Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                        To hear music either:
                        Where do we get the UMX decoder for Winamp?
                        Right here

or here for their homepage: http://www.umx-decoder.de.vu/
                        "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Thank you.
                          Team ORJ

Comment

Working...
                          X