Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: Make your server restart itself after a crash?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Make your server restart itself after a crash?!

How do you make your server auto-restart after it crashes? I've tried that batch file but it didn't run the server properly and it doesn't give me the UT icon in the systray. How do I run a TUT server from the RUN command line?

There's a .bat file in your system directory called something like "ThieveryServer.bat". Start the server by running that .bat file. When the server crashes, the batchfile will restart it.

In addition, there are some tweaks you can make to that .bat file that will rotate the map the server restarts on, instead of having it start on the same map every time.

Comment

when i said batch file..thats what i meant.. ThieveryServer.bat. But it doesn't work from what I can tell. Maybe it does.. but it doesn't give me a serverconsole in my taskbar.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
        when i said batch file..thats what i meant.. ThieveryServer.bat. But it doesn't work from what I can tell. Maybe it does.. but it doesn't give me a serverconsole in my taskbar.
        Sorry, didn't read your post closely enough.

What DOES it do when you run it?

Comment

It's not supposed to do that either, if I recall correctly.
          Is it hard to go look in your UT browser to see if the server has shown up there?

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
            It's not supposed to do that either, if I recall correctly.
            Is it hard to go look in your UT browser to see if the server has shown up there?

It should give you a server console on the taskbar. Starting from the batchfile doesn't put an icon in the system tray, however.

Comment

I have used the BAT file and seems to work fine. Like Laughing Rat said, there is no SYSTRAY icon, just the console window (which appears on your taskbar). My experience running a UT server (for Thievery) is only a Windows XP machine. Perhaps it behaves differently on another OS.
              Team ORJ

Comment

i have xp too.. its running fine..i just kept shutting down the Dos window cuz i thought i didn't need it.. now i see that it has to stay open.

Comment

Isn't there a forum at www.thecrackaz.com to post all this stuff?

Kiech
                  www.thecrackaz.com
                  Kiech

Comment

i have xp too.. its running fine..i just kept shutting down the Dos window cuz i thought i didn't need it.. now i see that it has to stay open.
                    Yep, you need that. That IS the batchfile that restarts the server.

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    I'm going to make a custom forum rank for you there now. "{CTG} Pimp".

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      I just figured since just about every other CTG member does it that I should be a team player.

But I don't just pimp the crackaz website ya'know. I also pimp on a regular basis:

New maps
                      Thievery
                      New ideas
                      New players
                      New mappers
                      New people to help mappers
                      New AI (mages, zombies...)

Hmm, how about 'Newd Pimp'?

Kiech
                      www.thecrackaz.com
                      Kiech

Comment

LMAO! I was just watching something on TV with snoop dawg playing "Cap'n Pimp" when I read that.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Ok, since I don't see a new rank on the CTG boards yet, I will try out different versions of a title for a bit, to see which ones you guys like the best.

Kiech
                          Sir Pimpalot
                          www.thecrackaz.com
                          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                            LMAO! I was just watching something on TV with snoop dawg playing "Cap'n Pimp" when I read that.
                            omg hahaha!! I saw that cap'n pimp show too....it was hilarious!!! :lol:

Comment

About the subject.

IBM SELF-HEALING SERVERS.

The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X