Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server no longer advertises.. what did i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server no longer advertises.. what did i do?

As you all know I have my server up every few days for fun stuff and just for a back up somedays... but these past two days my server hasn't been showing up in the thievery server list. I have it in my favorites and it shows up fine.. but not on the public list. I have "Advertise Server" checked and havent touched anything. I notice this happens with some servers sometimes.. but i cant get mine to show up at all.

Well this is thievery, right? It's just hiding in the darkness.... throw it a flare, or firespam it till it shows up.

Comment

Now, this is strange.

I know it's probably a blind shot, but have you touched your router/firewall settings?

Comment

nope.. nothin.

And the server still works fine.. but u have to manually enter the ip to get there.

Comment

If you haven't changed any firewall/router settings, have you changed the ports you're running the server on, and forgot to update the firewall/router permissions?

Other than that, the only thing that comes to mind is maybe you accidentally changed the server to not advertise (or did it intentionally and forgot to set it back). Double check that.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
            Well this is thievery, right? It's just hiding in the darkness.... throw it a flare, or firespam it till it shows up.
            *pokes MB with a stick*

Knock it off, funny man, or I'm going to bust a gut listening to you.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
            even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
            of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Working...
            X