Where can i get TUT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i get TUT?

Okay, two questions. I've only got a 56k connection, is that enough for TUT? And also, is there anywhere i can get the mod on cd? I tried downloading it last night but it would have taken 10 hours and my isp disconnects me after 2.. dammit.

Cheers

Yes, game is playable even on 56k.
    Try your local game magazin store and check if some mag should have it... altough it might be a little to late for that.

Comment

You could also try a download manager such as GetRight to download it in segments. I used that when 1.0 was released, I was on 56k with a 2 hour time limit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabellero
        Okay, two questions. I've only got a 56k connection, is that enough for TUT? And also, is there anywhere i can get the mod on cd? I tried downloading it last night but it would have taken 10 hours and my isp disconnects me after 2.. dammit.

Cheers
        Your ISP DC's you after only 2 minutes? That's a bit much. Most DC after 15-20, which gives you a workaround.

A download is not considered "activity", so leaving the machine downloading gets you an inactivity disconnect after whatever time limit your ISP has. How you beat that is to open up your email client, and set it to automatically check your email at an interval less than the inactivity disconnect time. The query to the email server is considered "activity" by most ISP's. If your ISP's time is really only 2 minutes, set your email to check every minute, and leave it running during the download. Even so, use a download manager, so you can resume any broken downloads.

Another option is to look for another ISP. A 2 minute disconnect time is a bit ridiculous. That's not even enough time to get up, go to the restroom and get something to drink.

Comment

It's quite playable on 56k, several [people here do it. But downloading it is gonna take a while. Perhaps you can convince one of these people that host it on their sites to break it up into pieces so it would be easier for anyone to download.
          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Your ISP DC's you after only 2 minutes? That's a bit much. Most DC after 15-20, which gives you a workaround.
            Read it again, LR.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
              Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Read it again, LR.
              it would have taken 10 hours and my isp disconnects me after 2.. dammit.
              Dp you mean like ...
              it would have taken 10 hours and my isp disconnects me after 2 hours.. dammit.
              ?
              No Linux, No Choice.
              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

DOH! OK.

The concept still applies, though. Set something to create "activity" at an interval less than the timeout period.

Comment

If I remeber correctly, I think I downloaded the 1.0 file as a bunch of 20mb .rar's. It should be possible to get one of those in two hours...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

We need a metal and gold keep, someone to burn CD's for all of us 56kers.

Kiech
                    www.thecrackaz.com
                    Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                      We need a metal and gold keep, someone to burn CD's for all of us 56kers.

Kiech
                      www.thecrackaz.com

Yes, we should ALL contribute to burning CD.
                      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

I've got the torches, you bring the pitch!
                        {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                        Contact details updated
                        I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

if you can get it to work set the download managers up to Auto Reconnect- least that way you can leave it alone over night. I don't know what isp yuou use but for mine (freeserve also 2 hour disconn) it allows you to turn off the inactivity disconnection timer that it has in the windows dialer. just make sure you backup the files once ya get them :wink:
                          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

Komag should be able to sort you out Thievery on cd/dvd. You should email him first though and check his cd's have Thievery version 1.4 on them.

Comment

Komag isn't shipping CDs anymore, Dalai.
                              JM

Comment

Working...
                              X