Multiplayer Bug "Client not able to jump"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Bug "Client not able to jump"

I did some searching around over the forums and didn’t see this, so here goes. I have a home network and did the installations on each of my machines (each using XP for an OS, each also using the NVIDIA graphics chipset, and all drivers are confirmed to be the latest available). The game worked better than ever! – At first…The bug I found was that regardless of who was ‘hosting’ the multiplayer game, the ‘client’ didn’t have the ability to Jump . When attempting to chat, the spacebar still worked; however within the game, the default ‘spacebar’ didn’t allow the user to Jump. I also want to indicate that I reversed the situation by switching out who was hosting the game and for sure none of the clients were able to Jump. Also, I had changed which key to use for the ability to Jump and this did not solve the problem. Has anyone ran into this problem? If so, is there a work-around or a patch to fix this?
    I’m not using any mutators and I’m only doing the standard install:
    [1st - UT (Full Install), 2nd UT - Patch 436, 3rd - thieveryut-beta14.exe] Am I messing something up when I install?
    PS---Also keep in mind that I’ve re-installed the game on both of my machines…still to no avail…I get the same results.
    +PS---I've also posted in the bug forum, wanted to make sure I was posting my issue in the right place ops:
    How did humans declare themselves above nature?

The only thing I can think of is if your in-game name is set to blank it won't let you jump. In Player Setup make sure you have a name typed in the box. Hopefully that will fix it.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
      Changing the Player Names out did the trick!!!!! Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- Thank YOU- THANK YOU-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Just did a test drive and everyone is sailing along jumping from rooftop to rooftop without hassles. The gang is already starting to talk dedicated server. For those of you that have been so cool with helping out my Troupe, I’ll be sure to try and contact you with a personal email so that you can jump into our games. At the moment we’re still in the infancy stages of getting our server up and running; however will be sure to drop a line on all of you!
      On a final note, I just wanted to say this. To those programmers who have put this game together my Troupe as well as myself extend our gratitude and thanks. As a whole with my Troupe, anyone who’s played Thief & Thief 2, completely agrees with the multiplayer aspect and can’t believe that the producers of Thief didn’t expand in this direction. Let it be known now that Castle Midian and its gamer geek’s LOVE THIEVERY and look forward to any expansions.
      Hands down, this forum is worth it’s weight in gold!
      :grin:
      How did humans declare themselves above nature?

Comment

EDIT: I'll get you next time, LR!
        NEXT TIME!!!!
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
          Originally posted by Castle_Midian
          Hands down, this forum is worth it?s weight in gold!
          :grin:
          Sorry, but I have to ask: do forums actually weigh anything???
          Is there an echo in here?

Comment

Sort of....

I read the forums from the bottom to the top, meaning I got to the thread in Bug Reports/Suggestions after this one. After I realized (once again) that you had beat me too it, I rushed back here. But alas, 56k is just too slow.

Comment

NEXT TIME!!!!
              I read the forums from the bottom to the top, meaning I got to the thread in Bug Reports/Suggestions after this one. After I realized (once again) that you had beat me too it, I rushed back here. But alas, 56k is just too slow.
              LMAO!! If it's any consolation, 56K didn't matter. I'd posted that hours ago.

Comment

What I meant was: The 56k prevented me from rushing back here to edit my post before you made some smartass comment...

Comment

What I meant was: The 56k prevented me from rushing back here to edit my post before you made some smartass comment...
                  Again, not so much a problem with 56K, as it is comment on how quick a smartass I am.

Comment

NEXT TIME!!!!
                    If you're going to say that, shouldn't you have that evil "MAD" dude as your avatar?
                    I'm cool!

Comment

You never actually got to see what Dr. Claw looked like...

I suppose I could try finding a picture of his arm...

Comment

Fair point. A picture of his chair perhaps? Or his cat?
                        I'm cool!

Comment

I tried messing around with a picture of the cat, and a picture of his arm, and both, but you just can't tell what it is at 64x64.

Comment

Make it bigger then. All the pages are like 200 wide anyways.
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I wouldn't want to enrage Thwark...

And 200 wide? I'd hope your resolutions a little higher than that...

Comment

Working...
                              X