Cache files question / problem..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache files question / problem..??

In my root UT game folder..Thievery keeps saving megs worth of cache files...I deleted them again last nite..22M
    The time before that is was over 100M..
    Does anyone know why it keeps doing this?
    And how can I get it to stop?
    Thanx

Somewhere in an thaux.ini there is a place where you can put in how many days it takes before it will clean out the cache. The default is 30 days. You can change it to however many days you prefer.

Do a search for this heading title...

[Core.System]
    PurgeCacheDays=30

Comment

Thanx fixed it..set it for 2 days instead..=)

Comment

I'm still new at all the "behind the scenes" technical stuff related to UT, but what is the cache for or what is it caused by?
        Team ORJ

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawprin
          I'm still new at all the "behind the scenes" technical stuff related to UT, but what is the cache for or what is it caused by?
          It may be used for other things as well, but it's also used to store files (utilities, mutators, mods, mapfiles, textures, etc) downloaded from a server that aren't actually installed in your UT.

Apache, if you set your cache purge to 2 days, it wont' affect your Thievery much now, but it means that later, if you connect to a server that's running a map you don't have, and you download it, you'll have to download that same map again if you play it online 2 days later. That is, unless you actually get the map and install it on your machine.

Comment

Working...
          X