upgraded to 4.51, now can't get in some servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgraded to 4.51, now can't get in some servers

i started playing thievery about a week ago, just recently i upgraded ut with the 4.51 patch and now i cant enter some game servers. I get "Connect failed". Is there a way around this? or do i have to re-install everything?

I did a search for this topic and found a few problems similar to mine, but none of those solutions has worked for me. please help.

thx

Unless you have a good reason to, I suggest not upgrading past 436. It has it's fair share of problems, with little benefit to a client. That should really be made sticky here.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
      i started playing thievery about a week ago, just recently i upgraded ut with the 4.51 patch and now i cant enter some game servers. I get "Connect failed". Is there a way around this? or do i have to re-install everything?
      Forgot to answer the question. ^_^ First thing to try is test a couple different servers -- 451 servers have a bug that doesn't always display all the players in a server. Make sure that you're joining a server that has slots free. If you're still getting a connect failed, try a reinstallation. There might be another solution, but I don't know it -- I've avoided the 451 patch.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

What DB said. The 451 patch really only fixes server issues, though some people have found they can't get into 451 servers with 436 running on their machines. Unless you're running a server or have to install to get into 451 servers, don't install it.

Comment

ok i reinstalled everything, still can't get on some of the servers. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

The problem may be that the SERVER you're joining is running 451, so you can't see all the players in it, and it may be full. That's independent of what version you're running. Maybe just try that server again later.

Comment

k thanks

Comment

ok ive reinstalled it all, and tried getting on a server that was empty from what i could tell. said only 6 players total and they weren't on this server and it said connect failed. I think it was Bordy's Server. what else can I try?

Comment

Try off peak times, Brodies and Crackaz fill up and stay full, does it say rejected by server or connection failed?

Try an unppopular server, or join the chat and ask people in the channel how many players are in the server your looking to enter.

I know you likely have the extra packs you need to play tut, but does the message say anything about mismatched files, or try to DL things you may not have before you enter, if your on a 56k it may be disconnecting when a custom map you don't have yet is being sent to you via the server.
                  How TuF are you?
                  League of Legends
                  Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

ok, it says

"Connect Failed
                    rejected by server"

I did it while it was totally empty. All the other servers seem to work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
                      ok, it says

"Connect Failed
                      rejected by server"

I did it while it was totally empty. All the other servers seem to work fine.
                      Which server was that?

Comment

brodis challenge

Comment

Working...
                        X