Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound

I dont have any sound and everything is hooked up right.
    Commander, Through And Through!

You're going to need a lot more info than that. Sound card? Are you talking about in game? Is your volume on? Is your sound in game checked? Windows? Linux? PC? Mac? System specs?

Waaay more info man...
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I think it's safe to say he's running windows and does in fact have a working sound card and speakers.

Well, I'd hope he had all that

Comment

More information? Does sound work in normal UT?
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

No sound doesnt work in UT, no offence but im not stupid enough to not have a sound card or speakers... and i am running windows.. i have the sound checked and when i enter thievery no sound plays at all... and yes i have the volume turned up.
          Commander, Through And Through!

Comment

Try upgrading your sound drivers.

Does the sound work in other games?
            JM

Comment

What soundcard?...

Comment

Originally posted by derekew
                No sound doesnt work in UT, no offence but im not stupid enough to not have a sound card or speakers... and i am running windows.. i have the sound checked and when i enter thievery no sound plays at all... and yes i have the volume turned up.
                Don't be offended by people asking the obvious questions. OVer 90% of tech support problems are solved by tech support people suggesting the obvious things that the user had overlooked.

As for your specific problem, if all the connections are good, are you getting sound in the normal desktop environment? Does your motherboard have onboard sound that needs to be disabled for a soundboard to work properly? Have you updated your sound drivers? Have you tried a reinstall of UT and Thievery?

Comment

I have a similar problem. I've done everything suggested above, but I still have frequent sound problems. Though the sound and music on the opening seqence and menu screen work, I rarely get any sound on the maps themselves...

... which makes things difficult

Running Win98
                  SB PCI 128 w/latest drivers (old, but everything else works)

Sound works as normal in UT
                  "Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

Comment

This may help.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Always forget the FAQS!

I'll try what it suggests, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Comment

So..., you're one of the phantom edit fellas, huh?

It's not your sound card, I have the same one.

Have you tried re-installing the sound drivers? Have you tried installing older drivers? What version of DirectX? Does the DirectX sound tests work(start>run>dxdiag>ok>sound>test DirectSound)? Did you change UseDirectSound=False to UseDirectSound=True? What video card? What version of drivers with that? What other programs do you have running in the background?
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I changed the thing in the INI file and it seems to work so far*

*touch wood/cheap imitation/never very superstitious anyway

Edits? Moi?

Comment

Working...
                          X