Which graphic card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which graphic card?

Which is better? The geforce ti4200 64mb or the radeon 9200 128mb?
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
    Which is better? The geforce ti4200 64mb or the radeon 9200 128mb?
    The 9200 is an overclocked 8500 that supports 8x AGP (worthless for this card). Think of it as a GF3 Ti500+.

The Ti4200 is the better choice, though I recommend 128MB if you can afford it.
    No Linux, No Choice.
    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just needed the info since we might be getting a new computer. I already have the Geforce4 ti4200, but I was wondering if the Radeon was a better card to get in the package. I'll probably just end up getting a super cheap card to use for my old computer, and use the G4 in the new one.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

The 9200 is based on the 8500, but meant as a replacer for the 9000... which is the low budget card. (8500 is much then 9000)
        This means it's more like a Geforce FX 5200, or the Geforce 4 MX... (The low budget cards)

Check toms hardware for details
        http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...800pro-05.html

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          Ok, thanks. Just needed the info since we might be getting a new computer. I already have the Geforce4 ti4200, but I was wondering if the Radeon was a better card to get in the package. I'll probably just end up getting a super cheap card to use for my old computer, and use the G4 in the new one.
          Good choice.

Now, if the old comp won't be used for gaming then I recommend an ATI card for it's superior 2D image quality.
          No Linux, No Choice.
          Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
          X