Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUT is slowed down and I don't know why

Hi

Sorry if this subject has already been discussed.

My UT works fine for me, no slowdowns, everything is sharp and clear and rapid.
    But when I play TUT, it always slowdown. It happens when I turn a corner and see something I had not seen before (as in loading textures it had not loaded before). I hate it because it's the only remaining reason why I don't play TUT.

My computer is an Athlon 500, ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128megs, 128 megs of RAM. 1Gig and more of free space. Running Win98 SE.
    Do you like my new attitude? It's called positive thinking!
    I had so much bottled rage, I'd snap if you looked at me the wrong way! But now I changed my mind!

SImple... TUT is more demanding then UT.
    And your computer is fast enough to run UT without problems, but i doubt TUT.

Comment

There are people who play on slower machines than that, MB, and play quite well.

Goliath, I'm assuming by "slow down" that you mean that the animations get choppy or framerates drop? Try turning your texture settings down if you haven't already (there's not much difference between High and Medium anyway), and maybe run in a lower screen resolution (800X600 is quite good).

Comment

simple solution, be less demanding and turn your details down.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well, I never play in 1024x768, always in 800x600... and I usually play in 16 bits...

I'll have to experiment a little...
          Do you like my new attitude? It's called positive thinking!
          I had so much bottled rage, I'd snap if you looked at me the wrong way! But now I changed my mind!

Comment

What texture and world detail levels do you run in, though? They can make a biggere difference in performance than color depth (and 16 bit color is UGLY for Thievery).

Comment

I play in 16bit, it's not THAT bad.

Rodent made me switch up to 32 and it wasn't good enough to justify the decreased frames...
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

There are decreased framerates from 32 bit?

Comment

You should have at least 256 MB of RAM. Anything below that just fries your HD and performance off with virtual memory.
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

Do you have UT and TUT using the same renderer?

Comment

Working...
                    X