Clientside log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clientside log

Can client log informations about your final score, list of players, who kills you and who you killed ?
    Or at least log a console.
    If not, can it be done by some UT tweaks ?

Oh yes, very easy to implement in the Thievery code, and probably not very hard to make a mutator for either.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

But is it possible with current version of thievery ?
      And also mutator is not a good idea imho. I want to log from all servers, not only with that mutator.

Comment

It will take some code modification so a mutator is the only way.

Comment

There is one way without a mutator - write the information down or take screenshots as you play...
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

hmm I want to automatize it, so no screenshots ...
            well it seems i have to do some UT haX0rz. (... where's Hardee ? )

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
              But is it possible with current version of thievery ?
              And also mutator is not a good idea imho. I want to log from all servers, not only with that mutator.
              I've seen some clientside-only mutators for UT before - nothing that alters gameplay, only how it's displayed, so not a cheat, really. Could this be done that way?

Comment

this is exactly what i want. I want game to log to some file, and then after the game some (my) program will do some datamining on this. And if logging can be done with a client mutator, not altering gameplay, it will be great.

Comment

I don't think this should be possible. What is to stop someone from putting in a more nefarious client-side mutator?

FYI, I'm already working on a mutator to log death/KO/team/location server-side. I have the logging and analysis (external script) parts working. I just need to write a WebApplication to allow the log file (ini file, actually) to be purged nightly.

The purpose is to give map designers a visual representation of how balanced their levels are. The analysis part plots the likelihood of being killed/ko on all regions overlayed on the sketch map. Of course if a level doesn't have a sketch map that's just too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Oie
                    I don't think this should be possible. What is to stop someone from putting in a more nefarious client-side mutator?
                    Problem is, it already IS possible. THe UT mutator I'm thinking of specifically was called "DecalStay" or something like that. It lengthened the amount of time the decals stayed displayed in a round, up to being permanent, even. I used it online a number of times, but gave it up because of the performance hit from having to render all those decals all the time.

Comment

I've got decalstay. Maybe I'll poke around a bit and see what falls out...
                      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        "DecalStay"
                        Quite possibly one of the coolest things ever for throwing into a round of UT or Tactical Ops.

But yes, if you set decals to stay forever, you'll need a good comp...
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Wierd. DecalStay isn't a mutator as such - it's merely a menuitem. Its tick finds all existing decals and swaps them with special decals with the extended/infinite timeperiod set. Because its a menuitem, its loaded client-side.
                          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                          X