'Random' Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Random' Crashes

OK, this has happened somewhat recently when I play TUT.... I'll finish a game on a server, wait for the next level to load.... halfway through loading the level TUT crashes to the desktop with NO error message AT ALL. I don't know what's causing this, as it never happened on my older, much crappier computer.

Any ideas?

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2295

Comment

hmmm i still dunno whats up... but i know one thing that might help too... how do i increase the amount of virtual memory i have, cause the system keeps saying virtual memory too low when I'm playing online, and disconnects me from the game at the same time

Comment

I know this happens to Katra a lot, and sometimes to me, although not as frequently.

Comment

you tried to reconnect then it must work........ :wink:
          Twinkle,twinkle,little pain in my hand and in my brain,down so low and up so high,will you live or will i die ?

Comment

It happens to me all the time. I have completely reinstalled my OS (Windows XP Professional), UT (w/4.36 patch), Thievery, and have all-new memory (512 MB). Still it happens on map changes. Sometimes I can get through 3-4 maps without a crash and other times it crashes after only one.

Comment

I often get crashes on map change, but very rarely do I crash during play(I can't remember the last time it happened, but I know that it has).

System specs are:
              WinXP Pro(fully updated)
              P4 2.8C(HT on)
              2x512 PC3200 Corsair RAM in dual channel
              2x36GB WD Raptors in Raid0
              ATI Radeon 9800XT(Omega 3.10s)
              Gigabyte 8KNXP

I haven't yet played around with compatability modes, nor have I turned off all of my background programs(I often have my AV kick in and run a full HD scan and never notice it until I leave a game. I keep my system tray pretty clean, with only my AV, UPS program, and e-mail checker/filter/bouncer.). I'm using OpenGL(D3D performance is better, but the IQ is worse and no alt-tab).
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Yep, does it to me too, no error message or anything, one thing i found to be helpful is to have "all-seeing eye" open and ready, start the game thru that then when it crashes most of the time i can double click on the server i was on and load up quicker than ppl who were allready in the last game with me!
                ~TuF~

Comment

Lol, I just started doing that a couple days ago.

I always thought that it crashed because I was loading way faster than the server, then crashing because I couldn't connect to it. But then I thought that it would be pretty stupid to code something like that.
                  Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I was thinking you could try this to automatically reconnect to a server on crash. It works well for me.

1. Create a batch file thievery.bat with the following contents:

[code:1:21ce09050c]@echo off
                    set UT_PATH=C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament
                    set UT_INI=ThAux.ini
                    set UT_EXE=ThAux.exe
                    set UT_USERINI=ThieveryUser.ini
                    set UT_LOG=Thievery.log

:rungame
                    echo "%UT_PATH%\System\%UT_EXE% %1 -nolog INI=%UT_INI% USERINI=%UT_USERINI% LOG=%UT_LOG%"
                    start "Thievery" /wait "%UT_PATH%\System\%UT_EXE%" %1 -nolog INI=%UT_INI% USERINI=%UT_USERINI% LOG=%UT_LOG%

if not exist "%UT_PATH%\System\Running.ini" goto done

del "%UT_PATH%\System\Running.ini" > nul
                    goto rungame

:done[/code:1:21ce09050c]

2. Run the game with:

thievery.bat ipaddress:port
                    (e.g. thievery 127.0.0.1:1234)

It would probably take a bit of tinkering to get All Seeing Eye to work with this, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X