Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting-Problems

Hey,
    I got problems when i will connect to a server.
    You know if i will join:
    1. theres athief with a sword (Background)
    2.There is writtenrecaching
    3.Then theres written:Connecting
    At this part he must go into the game,what he has done every time,but now it doesn't connect! :cry:
    What'z the Problem ???
    Can you help me ?

BYE!
    SworذMasteR =FAG=> ( )
    Twinkle,twinkle,little pain in my hand and in my brain,down so low and up so high,will you live or will i die ?

Im not a guru but...
    What you described is what is suposed to happen. Its UT's loading screen.
    You probably have 1 of 2 problems:
    - You have not setup your conection accordingly (check your conection setup in Preferences -> Network)
    - Server is full (no help in that case, wait until someone leaves)

It would help if you described what you see after the loading sequence you just described. Does the game crashes? Does it go back to the intro and displays a message? (intro is that fade in fade out sequence with music you see once you start thievery)
    Feel the power of the

Comment

1) When you say that it does not connect, what exactly happens? Do you get "connection rejected by server" message? Does TUT crash? Does it simply hang? If it hangs, then how long do you wait?

2) What servers does this happen on?

3) Have you added any programs or otherwise changed your computer since you last played online?

4) Does Unreal tournament connect okay by it self?

5) Is your overall internet connection seem slow at the moment?

6) What kind of connection do you have (ie. dial-up, broadband)?
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Its on all servers.
        theres no message
        only connecting,that doesnt move until i go out of the game
        speed is 56k,but that never happened before,i can play normally,but now it crashed,dont know why.
        its really no crash,because in windows is written "progress is working"
        i can do all in thievery,its not crashed(thievery)
        windows isnt crashed ,too.
        What can it be?
        brody means its a mistake of the installation,which at an exact time(timerelated)
        comes.That happened by one of his relation happened to at similar problem

You know now what it is ?
        Twinkle,twinkle,little pain in my hand and in my brain,down so low and up so high,will you live or will i die ?

Comment

Just try reinstalling thievery and ut if you like.

If you can ping the server and you're not joining, you must have a really poor connection if it just hangs like that on 'Connecting".

Comment

Agree with impulse- it might be a bad connection. I have used 56k, and normally it would take a minute or two to connect. However, there where times when I would have to wait more then 10 minutes to connect. Check with your provider- they may be upgrading the system, overloaded, etc. That was my problem. Maybe that is yours too, but not sure.

1) How long do you wait?

2) Have you added any new drivers, software, or otherwise changed your computer since you were last able to play?

If it is not too difficult for you, re-install of UT (patch 436) and Theivery as suggested. From what you say, sounds like Brody knew someone who had the same problem and it helped them, so it might be worth a try.
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Emmmm......
              No,i havent installed some other software!
              But i have tried to reinstall all,but the same happened again....
              i always wait 10 minutes

Comment

Do you have a firewall on? Try to shut evrything down.
                Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Make sure your firewall, if any, has a permission set allowing thaux.exe access through it.

During the wait while your connecting, is there a download going on? If there's a percentage counting up onscreen while connecting, it means the server is trying to send you a file or files. If it's a big file (like a map) or if your connection speed is slow, it may take a while to download, and that may be causing the pause you're experiencing.

Comment

No theres no download and i have load him 10 minutes.. nothing happens.
                    i tried to close the firewall and deactivated it but there was the same mistake and i gave my firewall to give th.aux the access to go online.
                    Nothing happens
                    everytime the same mistake.

Comment

yo... but I still dunno... :|
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I think I am experiencing this same problem.

I got a new laptop about a year ago, and yesterday I installed Thievery on a whim. At first, the game was doing some weird jerky stuff, but after searching the forums a bit I realized it was a dual core problem and it was easily fixed by changing the affinity of thaux (is there a way to permanently do this, or do I always have to start thievery, then minimize and change the affinity before I do it?)

BUT...now that it's working fine (in solo, at least), I have tried to connect to multiplayer and it's not working. When I tried to connect to Brody's servers last night, the music would stop playing and it would say "Precaching" briefly, just like I remember. It then says "Connecting," but instead of the game remaining frozen until I enter the server (like it used to when I played it years ago), it just sits there. I can escape back to the menu, and if I hit escape again it just takes me back to that brownish screen that says "Connecting" in red letters. But it isn't connecting.

System Specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
                        Gateway
                        AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-50, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.6 GHz
                        958 MB RAM
                        DirectX 9.0c

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
                        DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC, 256 MB

I have also tried disabling both my Norton Firewall AND my windows firewall, but it hasn't made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon View Post
                          I think I am experiencing this same problem.

I got a new laptop about a year ago, and yesterday I installed Thievery on a whim. At first, the game was doing some weird jerky stuff, but after searching the forums a bit I realized it was a dual core problem and it was easily fixed by changing the affinity of thaux (is there a way to permanently do this, or do I always have to start thievery, then minimize and change the affinity before I do it?)
                          Drago,

Options:
                          1. Use the imagecfg program, following Salvage's rules for use on the Thief2.exe game executable. Be sure to backup the main ThAux.exe executable first.
                          2. Use WinXPLauncher to create a profile for that executable and tell it to use only one core.

I use the imagecfg method for Thievery and have never had a problem.
                          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

The problem could be thievery itself
                            Check if the intro plays right before alt tabing out of thievery to disable 1 CPU
                            If it hangs then restart thivery again.
                            Also OpenGl locks up, Use direct3D8, Then run thievery once under Direct3D8
                            then exit and edit ThAux.ini, at the bottom use these settings or you will not see crack clouds.

[D3D8Drv.D3D8RenderDevice]
                            ZRangeHack=False
                            NoAATiles=False
                            NumAASamples=0
                            UseAA=False
                            RequestHighResolutionZ=True
                            UseSoftwareVertexProcessing=False
                            UsePureDevice=False
                            UseTripleBuffering=False
                            MaskedTextureHack=False
                            SmoothMaskedTextures=False
                            FrameRateLimit=0
                            SwapInterval=-1
                            UseVertexProgram=False
                            TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
                            DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
                            CacheStaticMaps=False
                            UseTexPool=True
                            UseTexIdPool=True
                            UseSSE2=True
                            UseSSE=True
                            BufferTileQuads=True
                            BufferClippedActorTris=True
                            SinglePassDetail=False
                            SinglePassFog=False
                            ColorizeDetailTextures=False
                            DetailClipping=False
                            UseDetailAlpha=True
                            DetailMax=0
                            RefreshRate=0
                            MaxTMUnits=0
                            NoFiltering=False
                            MaxAnisotropy=0
                            Use565Textures=False
                            Use16BitTextures=False
                            UseS3TC=False
                            UseAlphaPalette=False
                            UseTrilinear=False
                            UsePrecache=False
                            UsePalette=False
                            UseMultitexture=True
                            MaxLogTextureSize=8
                            MinLogTextureSize=0
                            MaxLogVOverU=8
                            MaxLogUOverV=8
                            OneXBlending=False
                            GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
                            GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
                            GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
                            GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
                            GammaOffset=0.000000
                            LODBias=0.000000
                            DetailTextures=True
                            DescFlags=0
                            Description=
                            HighDetailActors=True
                            Coronas=True
                            ShinySurfaces=False
                            VolumetricLighting=False

Comment

so...without changing anything, I was randomly able to connect to a server with Rodent and Illusion. But it wasn't Brody's. Could there be something on Brody's servers preventing me from connecting?

there wasn't anything downloading when i tried to connect to Brody's, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X