a complete noobie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a complete noobie question

exactly what will i need to play this game?
    Do not fear the dark.
    Fear what it hides.

Windows Version of the Original Unreal Tournament, with the 436 Patch, a PC capable of running it decently, a network connection, and Thievery Version 1.4.

For user maps, http://www.tears-of-blood.com is a good place to find them (Downloads->Maps)
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

umm what is a network connection?
      Do not fear the dark.
      Fear what it hides.

Comment

he just means you need internet connection, if you want to play online with other people
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

...which you have since you are able to post on this forum. :grin:

You can buy Unreal Tournament (make sure you get the original!) for about $5-$10 US these days, and the 436 patch costs nothing to get; it's a free download.

Once you have the game and the patch, go to www.thieveryut.com/files.htm and download the full ThieveryUT 1.4 program which is about 150 megs. The below files are outdated so don't worry about them. After that run the installation file and you'll be all set!

Before you start playing it's a good idea to get a feel for how the game plays by playing solo games or spectating during multiplay for a while. Although when you load the game and search for multiplayer servers don't be alarmed if there are only 5 servers and every server is empty; we have a small community and sometimes you will find empty servers.

There's also a really good starter guide that was written a while back but I'm not sure where it is, can anyone find that and post a link?

Comment

is this the game here.
            Do not fear the dark.
            Fear what it hides.

Comment

Yep, that's the one.

BTW you can't host pics off of geocities, it won't let you and you just get a [img]http://[/img]

Comment

ok kewl getting the original game then patch it then get thievery then go online.
                oh yeh where should i save my pics that i'm gonna put in posts.
                Do not fear the dark.
                Fear what it hides.

Comment

Working...
                X