Cannot load Thievery or UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot load Thievery or UT

Ok, i've got a fresh full install of UT version 436, and thievery 1.4. When I try to start either game I get this error before it finishes loading:

Strangely enough, I can load Thievery or UT through UED.

Note: I already have UT2003 installed and it plays fine.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

FULL 1.4 or only 1.4 patch ?

Comment

Urrgh, I've seen that box many a time.

Just update your TUT or your graphic card drivers. Maybe even re-install TUT aswell, patches can be funny in the order you put them on.
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
        FULL 1.4 or only 1.4 patch ?
        I'm not that stupid dude, i've been playing thievery for a long time now...

I have the full install of TUT 1.4. I already have the latest reference drivers for my video card.

Note: the picture I posted in my original message is the error I get while trying to run thievery. When I run UT I get one that says "Cityintro", rather than "Thievery-intro-map".

Comment

Did you go

1.0 to 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4

or

1.4 full?

Did you miss one of the steps if you did it the first way(I did last time I installed and had problems)?
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

some shots in the dark:

Do you have anyway to scan the registry for errors? Had something like this happen to me once under Win98SE. Ran Norton WinDoctor and it fixed a couple of file errors. Ran fine after that.

Can you run UT safe mode? Or have you tried running UT set-up again? Something may have gone awry with the your settings that crashes UT.

And just in case, I assume your running your videocard/PC per specified settings? and with Spread Spectrum Control off in your BIOS (many a headache has that one caused me)?
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

OK, for the third time now: I HAVE 1.4 FULL! No patches, just the 1.4 full install.

I'll try some of the things you suggested thebos... [EDIT] got nothing from them.

As I said before I can play thievery normally through UED (load any map, and press "Play me!"). I just can't load it straight up.

Comment

Not sure but I think there is a setting in the Aux.ini/ThAux.ini file that lets you skip the intro. Not sure where but might be worth looking into. From what you said, it souds like it is the the intro that is crashing UT.

The only other I could suggest is clean install of UT and Thievery. For kicks, Run the program after each install step to make sure things are working. IT may be you have a corrupted patch file too.

OH, and are you using the latest, full version of thievery? Sorry- just HAD to say it!
                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

maybe you don't have a full version of thuevery

k try changing your 3d renderer (start menu, blah blah, thievery, change video options)

you can also try modifying thaux.ini
                  StartupFullscreen=False and see if it runs in window. Alt-Entering will switch to fullscreen ingame.

and I don't know why SShot command is in error, if you were only trying to run game.

Didn't you change some .ini files ? (custom binds, loadouts ...) and you could br0ke thievary

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
                    maybe you don't have a full version of thuevery

k try changing your 3d renderer (start menu, blah blah, thievery, change video options)

you can also try modifying thaux.ini
                    StartupFullscreen=False and see if it runs in window. Alt-Entering will switch to fullscreen ingame.

and I don't know why SShot command is in error, if you were only trying to run game.

Didn't you change some .ini files ? (custom binds, loadouts ...) and you could br0ke thievary
                    I've got full.

Tried it.

Tried in safe mode, which does the same as you mentioned.

Neither do I.

I doubt it, all I did was copy the old config files over... And I reinstalled thievery anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                      all I did was copy the old config files over...
                      maybe there is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                        ... And I reinstalled thievery anyway so it doesn't matter.

Nope...

Comment

Okay I hate to revive an old thread, but i've found the problem and I don't know how to fix it. It turns out, my game takes a screenshot of the loading screen every time I load a map. I'm guessing this is why it crashes at startup, because it's trying to take a screenshot while loading the logo map (as you'll notice if you look at the error message, it says "sshot"). I have a temporary solution, if I load the game (either through UED or running a map by right-clicking it) and take a screenshot myself anywhere, it stops doing it automatically and therefore I can load thievery normally until I restart the computer (then the problem starts again and I have to take another manual screenshot). I've already tried reinstalling UT and thievery twice.

Mabye someone knows how I can fix this?

Comment

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...180#post203180

Do you have a Logitech iTouch?
                            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Yeah, i've got a logitech itouch, but I dunno why my keyboard is trying to take screenshots . I've already got the latest software for it... I guess there's no way of fixing it, I really don't want to disable the software. Oh well I can deal with it, at least I know what the problem is. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X