Thievery=Unreal Tournament now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery=Unreal Tournament now

I totally screwed something up on my main computer, not the server. I got really drunk last night, and I can't remember what happened the last two hours before I went to bed. All I do know is that when I go to my Thievery icon to play, the original Unreal Tournament loads up instead, lol!!!! Either I can fix it, or I'll have to reload Thievery again, which I'm not looking forward to at all.

Cya

-Anarchtica-

Have you looked at the shortcut properties? It should point to thievery.exe.
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

all the shortcuts lead to thievery.exe. Even when I go to the system folder and click on thievery.exe I get Unreal Tournament. There is a place that says Mods on UT's console, there is Thievery listed, but even clicking that does nothing, hmm... Looks like another install

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchtica
        Looks like another install
        I was gonna say....

Still, you should be able to save your config files and copy your key bindings over easily enough so it should be pretty painless.
        ~TuF~

Comment

1) :gulp:

2) :gulp: :lol:
          :wink:
          AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
          Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
          Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Sounds like a problem with Thaux.ini. Is it missing? Or perhaps it got copied over with UnrealTournament.ini? Either way get one of those breathalyser locks for your PC, so you can only use it when under the limit.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

And this guy's running a server?!?

Comment

I updated th-backup to include ththiefexec and thguardexec so it should have all the files you need to back up for a non server install.

Comment

Oh cool salvage. ......but last night at 3 a.m. when I was half asleep I downloaded and installed everything, quite the task at 3 a.m., let me tell ya. For some reason though, the levels seems darker now even with the brightness up, I guess it's the new opengl.dll I downloaded, but what do I know? Okay, so don't comment on that part.

Comment

Okay, the brightness button doesn't work at all. Even when I adjust the brightness on the console with the little slide bar, nothing happens. When I'm in game, and press f10 I think it is, the brightness doesn't change either. The levels are way to dark for me to play now. Before, like on Nostalgia, the door all the way to the right after the thieves jump in after spawing, the door that's locked and has a torch. Yeah, that one. It's completely dark now all the way around it even though I know it lights up the whole vicinity. If there isn't one problem, than another one arises, grrrr.

Comment

You running on an ATI card?

Comment

Radeon 9700 pro

Comment

Well, there's 2 things you can do:

1. Switch to Direct3D

or

2. Remove your current video drivers(use a cleaning program like this and follow the instructions). Install the Catalyst 3.9 drivers(ATI says that it'll work). You can then try the 4.4s after you have the 3.9 base although I won't guarantee that it'll work.

The 4.1s are the last version that worked for me(I think it was because I had the 3.9 base at the time and all times I had a newer driver was after a format and I only installed the latest drivers). One day Thievery brightness just stopped working(which was the cause of my initial format).

It would be nice if you sent a complaint to ATI about this. I did and they said they are aware of the problem and don't know if they're going to bother fixing it(which is why you should pester them).

Comment

thanks Salvage, you've solved two problems. First, I used the driver cleaner and wiped out the old drivers and installed catalyst 3.9. Now, my brightness meter works finally. And my old graphic drivers used to crash my computer atleast three times a day, so far, I've had zero crashes (the old drivers were 4.3 i believe, i got so frustrated I would uninstall 4.3, try 4.2, still crashes, so I'd try 4.1, still crashes, so I'd try the cd that came with graphic card, still crashes, but with the driver cleaner and 3.9, no crashes). So thanks for the info!

-Anarchtica-

Comment

Did you ever try running the radeon 9700 pro in AGP 4x instead of 8x? That fixed a lot of problems with it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X