Waaay Too Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaay Too Fast

Hey guys, I just got a laptop, and installed Unreal Tournament and Thievery on it. When I load either of them up, though, it's WAY too fast to play. A guard got about 100 hits in on me before I could even move...and there was no way I could beat a single bot in UT.

I moved the gamespeed in the UT menu down as far as it would go, to 50%. But it's still too fast, especially in Thievery. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I really want to be able to play Thievery from my laptop.

Even when playing online?....

Comment

No, I haven't played online yet. Machine tells me that when I do, the gamespeed should be normal.

But what if I want to play solo?

Comment

try "slomo .1" in the console, and try in decreasing numbers till its slow (or fast) as you like. personally i like about 1.5 times normal speed in solo
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

Alright, I'll try that. I tried "slomo," but that made it way too slow. I'll see if this works.

Comment

Well...I tried that command in solo, and it worked (slomo .3 worked). But then I went into Multiplayer for the first time....and it was going super sonic again! WTF!

I was moving so fast that the server was forcing me to stay in one spot so I wouldn't get ahead of the other players...the timer was going through about a minute every 15-20 seconds! I called LoToR to come help me...I KOd him while I was standing in front of him, ten feet away! After that, though, I just died a lot.

How is this possible? It has to be something to do with my new laptop, because this doesn't happen on my PC. And why wouldn't the server fix my gamespeed like everyone said it should?

Damn...I'm starting to get worried. I hope other shit works on this thing, it LOOKED nice, and good, and fast...

Comment

Yes, Dragon's version of events is accurate: In warehouse he comes in and asks me to help him. I meet him at teh guardhouse wiht a loadout full of bolts. After running around a bit, i ask him to move 1 foot to the left. (my right). After barely tapping hte button to walk, he jumps off hte map to my right (his left), then against the wall to my left. while moving, i managed to whap his ass with 3 bolts: the first one made the skwish sound. the second made the sound and blood, the third did damage, but on,.y becasue he stopped moving. then, from 10 feet away, he swung his BJ, then Koed me. after being on the ground, i saw him teleport behind me, and swing the BJ. i didn't get to 1st person spec him, which would have answered a a few questions.

It's not a problem wiht networking, obviously, but why doens't the server tell him what the gamespeed should be?

I KNOW it's not the CD i gave you: Raker has the same exact cd, except yours is wihtout the final version of th-pirates and a different readme file. I don't think it even contains the thieveryuser.ini file atall, but instead the .exe installer file. I'll even upload my thieveryuser.ini tomorrow anyway.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Omg... HE's using the speedhack! Banz0r him.

Comment

uhh.. no. in fact, i'm not actually sure i gave him the CD wiht thievery on it, or jsut the UT CD. that on'es an exact copy of CLiff's.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yeah, there's no Thieveryuser.ini file. I looked.

Someone help!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                      Someone help!
                      If you really want some help you are gonna have to post your system specs. We need to know: CPU, sound chipset and driver version, video chipset and driver version, DirectX version, and UT version (eg 436, 451) including bonus packs installed plus video rendering mode (OpenGL/Direct3D). Linking us to the manufacturers site for the exact model of the comp that you have would be nice.
                      No Linux, No Choice.
                      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                        uhh.. no. in fact, i'm not actually sure i gave him the CD wiht thievery on it, or jsut the UT CD. that on'es an exact copy of CLiff's.
                        so cliff is using it too hu? banzor them both!
                        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

As much as I despise TuF for what Chainsaws and Co. have done I'll try to help.
                          In your renderer section of your ThAux.ini see if enabling VSync helps.
                          It could have to do with that you get way too high FPSs.

If it sometimes goes way slower another thing might be that your system uses speedstep tech. Then you should try to launch TUT like this:
                          "C:\UnrealTournament\System\Thievery.exe" -CPUSPEED=1700
                          whereas 1700 should be replaced with whatever hz your CPU grants you with.

Latter one should do the trick. Ppl said that's what someone with that problem is supposed to do to make their prob non-existent.
                          AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                          Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                          Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
                            As much as I despise TuF for what Chainsaws and Co. have done I'll try to help.
                            Wha...? I don't want to get off track in this thread, so could you please PM me with what you mean here?

Anyway, I'll try that Beo. Sounds promising, I hope it works. And LeatherMan, I just got this laptop and I'm not very computer literate, but I'll try my best to figure out my system specs.

Comment

Drags, fastest way to find out the important info about your system is to right click on My Computer and select properties (or, hold down the windows key and hit pause-break).
                              The screen that comes up will tell you info about your operating system (what service pack etc) and also your processor speed and memory.

You're likely to have an nvidia chipset, probably something like a geforce 4 mx. To find out, go back to that system area above, click the "hardware" tab, then click "device manager" in the middle section of that window.

On that screen, click the + sign next to display adapters - that will tell you what video card (or in some cases, integrated graphics) you have.
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X