Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Swarm - bug list (the kind without legs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm - bug list (the kind without legs)

Couple of bugs:

1. When playing, some objects (walkways, boxes, walls) clip in and out. Basically not being drawn, then are, then not. I figured this may be due to my fov being set at 100 in UT2K4, so I loaded that up and dialed it down to 90 (default), which lead to...

2. After reloading alien swarm, the in game mouse sensitivity was slowed to a crawl (even when i cranked it up to 25). Also, every thing was zoomed in so much in game that all i could see was the back of the marine's head. Figured a reinstall was in order...

3. When running the uninstall script in the alien swarm menu called 'uninstall alien swarm', the installer removed UT2K4 instead of the mod. It actually left the mod and nothing else. (guess i should pay more attention instead of going 'i agree, next next next')

I think you're missing out on the more important things. If you jump into the giant pit in Mission 2: Rescue, you can live, and be stuck forever in a pitch black area except for the tiny flashlight on your shoulder. As you can tell from the portraits on the side, I've granked up the gamma, but nothing.

: "Well, just the two of us alone in the dark..."
    : "Me-ow!"

Screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by Revisionary
      1. When playing, some objects (walkways, boxes, walls) clip in and out. Basically not being drawn, then are, then not. I figured this may be due to my fov being set at 100 in UT2K4, so I loaded that up and dialed it down to 90 (default), which lead to...
      Im wondering. Could this be causeing clipping in my UT2K4 game also. Because im having a horiable time with world models clipping in and out during gameplay, and ive tried everything to fix it and i still cant come up with an idea.?
      Aww man... no image sigs...

Comment

Disconnecting manually from a MP game by typing "disconnect" in the console takes you to the black screen of doom instead of the server browser or title screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobby
          Disconnecting manually from a MP game by typing "disconnect" in the console takes you to the black screen of doom instead of the server browser or title screen.
          You can get out of that one by hitting Esc 3 or 4 times.

I dont see the map holes as an issue, I mean come on, you jumped down an elevator shaft and now you're stuck in a pitch black hole. What more do you want? Seemse fine to me.

My only technical issue with this game is that I have to reconnect manually (typing 'reconnect' in the console) between the start of each map (even if it's just a map retry). This doesnt bother me that much on small or private servers, but if the server is almost full it might fill up before I get to reconnect. Very annoying in a campaign session.

Is the techie's scanner supposed to have a pitched bleeping noise? I vaguely remember hearing it in a few missions but I havent had it since.
          Fuzzle was killed by Player.
          Player: is FF on?

Comment

Working...
          X