-please wait-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -please wait-

Anyone know what causes the bug where the please wait screen loads for a really long time? I never used to get it but now I do (and it only seems to be on crackaz.) Any help would be appreciated!

It's a known bug ... with no known fix.

Comment

My -please wait- time is also extended on Crackaz, however it hasn't caused me to latejoin or miss the joining stage as it has for some.

Maybe Crackaz could up the join time to 20 seconds...that would allow everyone (that I know of, at least) to get in during the join time.

Lurk is the longest I know of and he is usually able to join between 14 and 17 seconds...meaning he sometimes makes it but usually doesn't.

20 seconds would fix that, and its still not that much time to wait.
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
        Maybe Crackaz could up the join time to 20 seconds...that would allow everyone (that I know of, at least) to get in during the join time.
        Join time already is 20 seconds, by default. The game just doesn't display a countdown for the first 5 seconds.

I'll mention the possibility to Grank.

Comment

I see. Ok, well, whatever. Was just trying to think of a way to help out the guys on the slower comps/connections/ or whatever is causing the slowdown.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Lurk isn't the only one Chalrif has problems too.
            The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
              Lurk isn't the only one Chalrif has problems too.
              Chalrif always has problems getting in on time, thats because he's on
              dial-up.

Comment

Ah...I solved that by formating and reintalling my HDD...

Short-term sol'n : Kill all the unnecessary process, especially downloading, before you run the game. May not work thru...

[joking]Mid-term sol'n : Get everyone around your home to other place so that they are not accessing the network in your area. [/joking]

Long-term sol'n : Do what I did.
                I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

it helps to do 'reconnect' in the console after every map change, yeah i know its a hassel but i go that problem so much i found it faster to just always reconnect
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

well, could we try to set maxclientrate higher?
                    the bytes/sec that the server sends to clients?
                    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                    Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

I don't think the prob is mainly due to the bandwidth of the server...I have played lan game and online game, and they have the same problem after some time you played. It might be a bug in UT2004 on its own...
                      I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

I get this problem from time to time as well. Often it results in me missing the auto-balance.
                        I seem to get it when the following things are occuring;

1. Its peak internet time in Australia, so my overseas connection slows up a bit.
                        2. When the server is close to capacity.
                        3. When our internet bandwidth is being used by other programs, games or for downloads.

Increasing the countdown timer sounds like a good idea, but also if people are aware of the problem, they should refrain from joining a team straight away, so that the timer dosen't finish counting down before everyone can join.
                        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Working...
                        X