Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macs

Hey.. will thievery work with the Mac version of UT?

Thanks!
    -GS

Nope. TUT uses some stuff that isn't in the UT engine, and because of this the game would have to be ported in order to work on a Mac.

DarkBill (a forum member and regular player) expressed interested in porting it to the Mac but I don't think he ever got all the stuff he needed to do the port.

Comment

The current delay is that I need to get a copy of the public UT source for mac (after that, it should be easy), but it doesn't seem to exist. I've send notes to a couple devs, but they seem to have better things to do with their time then respond, which I can understand. When I have some free time I'll try to get ahold of someone who knows about it. Until then, no, it will not work on a mac.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

if you want any informations about mac UT ... try to contact Glenda Adams :

[email protected]

she has ported UT to macos and macosX and she is really really cool !

@+

Slug
        M a c G a m e Z o n e

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
          Nope. TUT uses some stuff that isn't in the UT engine, and because of this the game would have to be ported in order to work on a Mac.

DarkBill (a forum member and regular player) expressed interested in porting it to the Mac but I don't think he ever got all the stuff he needed to do the port.
          YAY! Erics back!
          ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
            YAY! Erics back!
            Is he? Look at the date..

Comment

If Black Cat is still interested in the Mac version, they could contact developer extraordinaire Ryan Gordon, his information is here: http://www.icculus.org/

He is the man responsible for bringing the Unreal engine to Mac OSX, and is currently doing a proper port of UT.

Worth a shot?

Comment

Bump... do any of the developers still browse this dark section of the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by kuran
                  Bump... do any of the developers still browse this dark section of the forum?
                  Somehow i doubt you will see a Mac version of tut from the devs...

Comment

Working...
                  X