Way too slow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too slow...

I was playing thievery with my friend in my coop server. My friend's "character" were moving slowly.. In sologame it moves fine, but in onlineplay it moves sslooowly..Same problem was in Counter-Strike. He has Windows XP,Geforce4 4200,1200Mhz. What's the problem ? Thanks..
    Last edited by WishMaster2003; 12 Jul 2004, 10:38 AM.
    "Listen up! Teamwork means staying out of my way!" -Seifer
    "I brought the wrong map..." -Laguna
    Player name: WishMaster2003 or Musis

What connection does he have? You may need to check his pings
    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Well..He has good connection, but his ping is 999 in unreal tournament/thievery..He has Adsl.

Comment

Well, he should not have that high ping (my game is lagging with 400 ping or higher, so 999ping is, I would say slow motioned game).

If he is downloading/uploading, stop the downloads/uploads while playing. If that still not solving the prob, use some checking software to check if any process "eating" up the bandwidth.

The last resort is to reinstall everything...

Comment

Have the upload and download speeds been checked? Or are you relying on the specs the company gave?

To check this, try here: http://www.pcpitstop.com

You will want to use two of the tests: Internet upload, and internet download. I suspect your download speed will be significantly higher then your upload. Both are important to play games. Used to be able to do this without registering. That may have changed. An internet search should provide similar sites if needed.

On a realted note, what is the internet connection speed set to in your prefernces? Or even better, what is the speed set to in the ThAux.ini file?

Since this occurs in other games, I suspect he has a low upload speed. Since majority of internet users want mostly to surf the web, they bandwidth is heavy on the download side, but light on the upload side. Not a problem, unless you run a server or play games. His IP may be unusually stingy with the upload.

Related to that, it may be he has his connection speed too fast in the games preferences. That is, the game is expecting to have a certain amount of bandwidth, and is sending data accordingly. However, the packet sent is taking more cycles to upload then it should (because of the expected higher bandwidth) resulting in much higher pings. To test this, try reducing the connection speed in the games preferences. Try the dial-up setting first, and see if that helps the ping any.

I assume the computer has been checked for spyware using at least 2 different, respected programs? Also, I assume the internet connection device has been checked to make sure it is properly set-up? One other thing- has the CPU loading been checked while playing online, and compared with non-online play?

Hope this helps.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Well..My friend is still sleeping,but can you write it (this sounds stupid ) non-complicate way ? And this PC Pitstop requires an account..Well in solo game his character moves normal speed, but in multiplayer it moves slowly..Man..This is hard..

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster2003
              Well..My friend is still sleeping...
              WTH...

Originally posted by WishMaster2003
              ...but can you write it (this sounds stupid ) non-complicate way ? And this PC Pitstop requires an account..Well in solo game his character moves normal speed, but in multiplayer it moves slowly..Man..This is hard..
              I think you should do these checks first...

Originally posted by Thebos
              I assume the computer has been checked for spyware using at least 2 different, respected programs?

Also, I assume the internet connection device has been checked to make sure it is properly set-up?
              After that, You should also try to lower the display quality settings to speed up a bit.

Your friend's place may be a populated area. So you may also try go online in non-rush hrs to see if the game goes any better

Originally posted by Thebos
              One other thing- has the CPU loading been checked while playing online, and compared with non-online play?
              I don't think this is the main cause of the problem...

If all those do not work, PM Thebos for more helps...

Comment

BTW, IF you have a Question posted, you should try to look it up more frequently and give some response as well...otherwise the thread gets old and nobody will look it up for you

Comment

Working...
                X