• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question in forum profile

In the profile page, I have something like this:

Originally posted by Group Memberships
    tank hunter is not a member of any public groups
    How may I change that??? Or can I do that??? And If we cannot change that, what is the function of that?

I have come across a term "Referrals" in Forum Info, what is that?
    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Apparently, the public groups is useless to us, since nobody seems to be in one. Perhaps - and I don't know for sure - it is for private forums. But yet, surely the board moderators have their own forum somewhere, as do the Nightblade alpha testers, and none of them are in a public group. Guess it's just a distinguishing mark that we don't use.

As for referrals, it's apparently just a fame thing; when someone registers, and they put your name as the referrer (it's usually just left blank) then you get a referral. Glorious prizes are awarded at 1000 referrals

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
      Apparently, the public groups is useless to us, since nobody seems to be in one. Perhaps - and I don't know for sure - it is for private forums. But yet, surely the board moderators have their own forum somewhere, as do the Nightblade alpha testers, and none of them are in a public group. Guess it's just a distinguishing mark that we don't use.
      O...K...

Originally posted by Salsa
      As for referrals, it's apparently just a fame thing; when someone registers, and they put your name as the referrer (it's usually just left blank) then you get a referral. Glorious prizes are awarded at 1000 referrals
      No way, we only have about 1350 registered members... 1000 out of 1350? Who do they think we are? Salesmen?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're just features of this version of VB that nobody really cares about, and Mode2 didn't bother wasting time to remove them in case they could ever be utilized.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yay, I was helpful!

Comment

Salsa is right.

We have private usergroups, but no public ones. And that is because we don't need them. Every member have access to exactly the same thing anyway. You never know when it might become handy tho.

As for referers; You won't gain any glorious prizes on this board, just cause you made 1,000 people register. It's mainly for... nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
              As for referers; You won't gain any glorious prizes on this board, just cause you made 1,000 people register. It's mainly for... nothing.
              What ?!?! I was planning to save some money to make that price (original plan: 10 cent for a person who refers me...--;;; )

Comment

hasn't someone set there public group to "resident forum psycho"? I havent seen that player lately though.
                EDIT: It's V12US
                Last edited by Decompiler; 30 Jul 2004, 07:28 AM.
                Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
                The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

Originally posted by Decompiler
                  hasn't someone set there public group to "resident forum psycho"? I havent seen that player lately though.
                  EDIT: It's V12US
                  Nope, that's just a trick. It is really his location.

Comment

Yeah, even mOdEtWo does not belong to any public group, how can V12US be?

Comment

He could be the only one who tried it out. And because nobody else uses it it is convincing.
                      Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
                      The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

Working...
                      X