How do I see crack clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I see crack clouds

And fog and whaterver other gasses I am missing from TuT. I am using -ugh- software mode in my game due to a crappy video card.

Thanks.
    Kiech

In software mode you probably can't see some things...and there are other things that you can see which you shouldn't be able to. There are no released maps that have fog in them for thievery that I'm aware of. I'd suggest getting an inexpensive video card for like $30 to $40 or a much nicer one if you can afford it. But even the $30 cards such as a Geforce 2 MX is good enough to run in hardware mode for thievery.
    Last edited by Sneaky; 5 Oct 2004, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Spider has fog.

Heh, I could have sworn there was something that could be done to the .ini file. Thanks Sneaky.
      Kiech

Comment

Omg Hax!
        ~TuF~

Comment

"omg hax!"

I would deffinetly say it's worth investing in a cheap card, especially since there are ways to use software mode that can get you banned, and I don't think you want that.

Comment

Not to mention software mode really, really sucks.
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

You can't get banned for having a computer that slows down every time other players run toward you...especially when I make it known to everyone.
              Kiech

Comment

If you are taking advantage of software mode you will be banned for it. Several people in the past have been temp banned for using it to gain an unfair advantage.

Comment

Thats silly. Basically you are telling me to not play at all. I can't help it if I can see a guard hiding behind a door or the contents of a chest. Let me list the disadvantages:

-I can't see all of the loot.
                  -I heavily lag all of the time.
                  -I cannot reliably mantle, or climb.
                  -I cannot reliably use a melee weapon.
                  -If I 'bump' into something, I have to assume its lag or my computer, and not a thief since I am constantly skipping.

Note that I would much rather have a reliable video card, its just not in the chips right now. And I am sure that those who have played with me know, I am a rather easy kill once found - by thief or guard.
                  Kiech

Comment

Nah, he's saying go on playing with it until you have a vid card, but don't go looking for trouble or start passing dubiously-gained info onto your team. Or yourself, for that matter.
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Shug pretty much summed it up. Don't stop playing just because of your video mode but be careful about acting on info that you shouldn't know. As long as you play fair there won't be any issue with your video mode.

Comment

You should be able to see everything in software mode.

Type in "preferences" at the console, and find the software rendering submenu.

Make sure "volumetriclighting" "highdetailmodels", are set to true, and that "FastTransparency" or whatever it is is set to FALSE.
                        Red Guard
                        Thievery UT

Comment

Thanks oRGy!
                          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                            Thats silly. Basically you are telling me to not play at all. I can't help it if I can see a guard hiding behind a door or the contents of a chest.<snip>
                            Oh cry me a river... try oRGys ideas, otherwise get a job and buy a cheap 3D card.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Banned for using this to your advantage on Korman.
                              (would be obliged if this was moved over to the server forum now kthxbi)
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                              X