CameCube compatibilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CameCube compatibilities.

I've installed a GameCube in my jeep this summer and I want to ask a question to you computer freaks who knows-it-all. You are my reference in the matter thus I respect u all. It's a simple question but no one seems to be certain about it.

Q : Are European mini-disks compatible with North America's GameCube?

thx little dudes.
    ------

------"

i think they are not, because it always says (in the german booklets) "Is not compatible with the japanese or American NTSC version" or something like that, i gotta have a look at it later
    iron ass.

Comment

Gamecube in your jeep ... Of course, why not!

Anyway, I think it's the same with DVD's. American versions may not work on european players. No idea why though. So my answer will be, yes ... they are NOT compatible with the North America's GameCube. But then ... don't trust my answer.
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I'd image you can "chip" the gamecube, like you can with X-Boxes. I would imagine the games are not compatable. But to be honest, I don't have a chuffin clue.
        ~TuF~

Comment

on MarioKart it says: "Important: Only use this game with the PAL-Version of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Not compatible with the japanese, american or brasillianishikeniz0red version of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE." (translated from german -> english)

i think PAL and NTSC are resolutions for the Video output of the GC and other things, like DVD players and so on... correct me if i'm wrong...

so with that said:
          the american GC is _NOT_ compatible with european games
          iron ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
            I'd image you can "chip" the gamecube, like you can with X-Boxes. I would imagine the games are not compatable. But to be honest, I don't have a chuffin clue.
            Clearly you haven't tried a gamecube
            The dvd's it uses are only half the size of a normal dvd disc (in radius), and a chip would be kinda pointless since it's impossible to get these dvd's.

Comment

lol dudes that was complete thread necrophilia gj2u timonat0r
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

A few years ago the artitst industry set up a system where ALL dvds will be marked with a country code - I think there are 7 in all or so. Anyways, your DVD player, or in this case, GC, has a country code set in it. If you wanna play games that aren't from your country code, you have to figure out how to change the country code in your device. I think its a pretty ghey system, but heh.
                Kiech

Comment

GC doesn't play DVDs.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                  X