Which piece of hardware fails next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which piece of hardware fails next?

I'm really getting pissed off. Last month my display decided to end it's co-operation. Costly repair, but not costly enough to make me buy another one.

Last week my power supply broke up. Luckily a friend had one spare which I could use, but now it's interfering with my crappy speakers (it makes this annoying circulating electric buzz).

Now, as I've had lots and lots of problems with Windows being really cranky recently, I formatted and reinstalled. Most of the problems went away, but some stayed. Now the final diagnosis: Broken RAM. Grrr! So now I have to dish out more cash to get another stick of RAM. Which is nice, since I'm already debted to too many persons and I'm totally broke.

When I finally come up with enough money to buy the RAM (probably after mugging old ladies and taking my neighbours' televisions to the pawn shop) , I wonder what's going to happen. Will the display explode? Will my hard drives experience a total breakdown? Will the CPU melt (even if it's not overclocked)? Can't wait for the next mishap. Probably the whole friggin' apartment block burns down.
    My cats are black! How about yours?

I've got my money on your mouse, of all things.

Comment

Put me down for the motherboard.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Bios
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Can we please start these threads in the appropriate forums aye? Moved.

Comment

Quarter on the optical drive.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

My money is on the grey, organic part.
              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

I'll take 'exhaust fan starts making really loud noises'
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

20 quids on sound card.
                  In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

I have a feeling a beverage is going to spill all over your keyboard very soon.

Comment

I think you'll be needing a new flux capacitator any day now.
                      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                        Now, as I've had lots and lots of problems with Windows being really cranky recently, I formatted and reinstalled. Most of the problems went away, but some stayed.
                        Note. This is not a real problem. Just a feature

Speaking from my own experience I would strongly sugest you to start backing up your HD.
                        No, seriously. It was the 1st thing to broke down after two power suply failures.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

Definitely the hard drive, that delicious clicking sound awaits
                          Nightmaster,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

CPU fan is my bet, and you won't realize until the CPU goes up in smoke for double or nothin'

Hey if you actually run a sweep on this you could make enough for some RAM
                            How TuF are you?
                            League of Legends
                            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Phew. Got that ram replacement anyway (thanks to my kind GF), and now everything works again. Notice how I am hexing for more trouble.

Of all those possibly failing hardware, I think the reaper will strike one of the hard drives next. Nyah ha ha for that one if it happens, since I already make often backups of everything.

The mouse, optical drive and CPU fan are all quite new, so it would take doubly bad luck for some of them to break down. Big_D's suggestion of the power supply fan making odd noises already occurred, hope it won't happen just as I got it replaced. The motherboard isn't too aged either. But the sound card (some relic, SB PCI-128) I would happily replace, should it commit suicide.

And for the grey organic matter, it's been too late for years...
                              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X