Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine
    replied
    I don't have the Earthlink stuff, I may try it tho, what I will probably do is install it on somebodies machine at work first... let them be the test subject

Leave a comment:

• Convict
    replied
    Mach what do you think about the Earthlink stuff? Do you have to be a client to use it?

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...library/msdtc/

I wouldn't worry about it.

You can if you wish go thru the steps to remove that Trojan, but I don't think you'll find it there. It never harms to look tho.

Leave a comment:

• Convict
    replied
    The location is c:\winnt\system32\msdtc\driver\msdtc.xlSO (or is it .xISO)

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Where was it detected Convict?

One thing you could try is Hijackthis a wappy little program which checks what is connected to your browser. If you see anything dubious remove it, if your unsure if it is dubious post it here and others can compare theirs with yours.

NOTE : You have to close down any browser windows to clear the attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Convict
    replied
    I d/l those files Mach. AVG is saying that an old QBASIC program I wrote years ago has W97M/Melissa virus. I opened the file in Wordpad and it is only QBASIC text. How can it be infected????

PS Thanks for the info Mach.

EDIT: Well it fixed that .bas file - how could there be a problem with it I don't know...

I got 5 infected files healed or deleted so thanks heaps Mach. 1 file still infected but that's still a lot better than before. Bloody NAV seems useless.

EDIT: MsDTC.xISO is detected but AVG can't get rid of it. I think maybe it is a windows driver but does anyone know how to get rid of it? It's result/infection is called irc/backdoor.flood. Plz help! Systemic has a page on something that sounds like it (but with flood.e). However NAV didn't pick it up.
    Last edited by Convict; 22 Nov 2004, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The MaW
    replied
    The same as all brits, one who wants to be Irish

Leave a comment:

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    quit trying to be the hero all the time machi, it got old the second we learnt you can't compete. I mean, you just said "geez" wtf type of brit are you eh!

Leave a comment:

• The MaW
    replied
    Well now you've learnt your lesson so......

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    I'll update your FACE in a second wagga! :-D

-Geez I try to be helpful and serious JUST ONCE! and look what happens!-

Leave a comment:

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    That whole reply (from mach) sounds like some sick "update process" he runs on his shiny metal arse!

Leave a comment:

• The MaW
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMachine
    So do I.

Hence why I use Crazy Browser and Spywareblaster. I run the tools whenever I notice something has got past blaster, normally down to me not updating or sloppy surfing.

Sloppy having more than one meaning I guess

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by Yenzarill
    I practically remove spyware from people's computers for a living. It's shocking. Windows + Internet Explorer + Internet = Fail.
    So do I.

Originally posted by Yenzarill
    But really. If you get so much spyware that it necessitates running spyware removal tools every few weeks, you should probably learn how to avoid getting it in the first place.
    Hence why I use Crazy Browser and Spywareblaster. I run the tools whenever I notice something has got past blaster, normally down to me not updating or sloppy surfing.

Leave a comment:

• Convict
    replied
    I do use Firefox but Linux is a bit hard for me I should think.

Leave a comment:

• Yenzarill
    replied
    I practically remove spyware from people's computers for a living. It's shocking. Windows + Internet Explorer + Internet = Fail.

But really. If you get so much spyware that it necessitates running spyware removal tools every few weeks, you should probably learn how to avoid getting it in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X