Thievery freezes/crashed during gameplay :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery freezes/crashed during gameplay :(

heh, well, I have never had these problems before, Ive installed everything correctly (ut, utpatch, tut1.4 as always).

when I play on the servers now, sometimes it suddenly freezes and stops, then after a minutes it returns to windows once I even got a "critical error" message with a bunch of words like;

"General protection fault!
    History: MakeNew <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetTexture <- UD3DRennderDevice:rag bla bla bla bla and so on and so on and so on"

does anyone know what could be wrong? Ive even tryed to reinstall it, doesnt work. Thanks //Louie
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

This is likely a driver error. Have you recently upgraded your video card, drivers, and/or DirectX? You could switch to OpenGL and see if it crashes.
    No Linux, No Choice.
    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

OpenGL I found is much better, I found a 3rd party renderer on the net which makes TUT look real nice, I can also alt+tab out of TUT very quickly without disconnecting. The only problems I have are :

+ Sometimes after alt-tabbing, I get a cursor on the screen which moves as I move the mouse to look around, so it's constantly overlaying the playscreen, I can restart TUT to remove this tho.

+ Flashbombs last... LONGER....

I can't remember the site I got the new opengl.dll from, but it's been discussed before on these forums so try a search.

Also, we might need the entire error.
      ~TuF~

Comment

hm, okay, I'll try all that.. thanks for the help guys!
        .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

www.thievery-customs.com got that opendll file, of course
          A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
          Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Flashbombs last longer? Being a flashbomb whore, I would greatly encourage all players to use that Open GL driver when I'm thieving!

Comment

I don't know but while playing our match, a bunch of people had TUT crashing when a map changed, there was no error, it just closed.

I think the server was crkz private...
              SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that was a server problem. We crashed after voting in flats about 3 times. I had to reboot twice being on win98 D-:
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                X