Uninstall UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall UT

Well, one thing I bought myself this Christmas was a new 200 GB Seagate harddrive. I am trying to save space on my 40 gig master drive. I am in the process of transfering all my games to that harddrive, reinstalling, and moving the files to the other drive. So far so good with UT2k4, and a few others, except UT.
    Between trying to uninstall it via the CD, and add/remove programs. I get this error. Can anyone possibly shed some light on what I can do to uninstall this? I am at a loss on what to do, in talking with LM about this, he doesn't know either. Thanks taffers.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that the path to UT changed somewhere along the line. You moved or renamed the UT folder, perhaps?

Now, the other thing, with UT99, the installation really doesn't mean anything. The game isn't dependant on any registy settings or anything. You could just copy the entire folder over, if worse comes to worse. Umods may not know where to install to if you do that, though. There's many tools to help with that, as well...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I have never changed the folder name to UT, if I recall, when installing, just let it do the typical normal install. Odd.

Yeah I already copied the folder over to the E drive, in order to save space, I wanted it gone from the C drive. I moved the folder out of C drive, the game won't play without that folder, I tried it. It is still on C drive. So I had to put it back. ffs.
      Even though I copied the folder to the E drive, it doesn't do me any good on saving space if it is still there on the C drive. I had 6 gig left on the master drive. That is why I am installing the games onto the E drive.

Comment

Ah, sorry, my brain-to-text translation is a little lacking I meant 'changed the folder name after the game was installed.'

That's really odd, you should be able to copy it, and then run it from the copied folder. Were you trying to run it from a shortcut on the desktop, or the CD's menu? Those would still point to the wrong folder. You'll have to make a new shortcuts to point to the new folder on E:\

Ah, I got ahead of myself again, just found something. It involves registry editing; do so at your own risk etc. etc.
        Run 'regedit' (from the Windows 'run' dialog.) Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Unreal Technology-->Installed Apps-->UnrealTournament there will be a value called "Folder." Make sure it matches the exact path to your UT directory, my thinking is it won't. You can change it to match the correct folder. In fact, you could change it to point to the new folder on E:\, and that would probably fix any umod problems you would've ran into.

Anyway, hope that helps. Let me know if I'm not making any sense again. You don't want crappy directions when you're messing with the registry...
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I'll look into that Big_D. I have messed with the registry before. I'll have a look and see what it says.

Comment

If you got respect of Registry (which is really good to have), then u could do this:

1. Delete the Folder "UnrealTournament" manually
            2. click again the Uninstall Button at the Software, it will complain that there is nothing to uninstall and offers u to drop that Entry from the List. Accept that.
            3. run Regcleaner (Freeware), that deletes the Rest of those Regentries, that are no longer in use, like those from UT, then.
            A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
            Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

When I checked for that particular folder Big_D, in the registry, it was already pointing towards the E drive. O_o

Brody, respect is a good word, OK I will try that. Lets see what happens.

Comment

OK I got it! I deleted that folder Brody, as you suggested. What I did after that was. I had to reinstall UT on the C drive, there was no option to uninstall. After the install, I went back and then I uninstalled it on the C drive. That did it.
                I also cleaned the registry too. So, I have almost have half my drive space back on the C/master drive. Still have Thief and a few other games left to do. Man us gamers take up a lot of room on our harddrives don't we. Heh.

I had to reinstall Thievery onto the E drive, it still showed it being directed on the other drive. All is patched for UT and Thievery. All works fine.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Comment

cool, good to hear.
                  A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                  Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Working...
                  X