Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief13x
    replied
    Okay, I just figured I would post this very disturbing clue that I have found about my problem. For some reason, all the problems I described go away whenever I 'direct connect' with a user. However whenever I disconnect it they all come back....wtf?

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by Decompiler
    Here is a purse of cookies. Which I am not going to give you.
    Good man.

Firstly, there are TWO THINGS you must know about any AIM Chat Program....

Firstly... it is... A PROGRAM!

Secondly... you use it... TO CHAT!

Leave a comment:

• Decompiler
    replied
    Re-installs do not hurt. Much, but I have never heard of a network adaptor or router breakdown due to config files.

What other anti spyware did you install. Could one of them be conflicting with the AIM protocols, like a firewall would?

Mach, the second option would be 'Kill all your friends that use AIM' or 'Kill AIM' still, nice to see some classic humour. Here is a purse of cookies. Which I am not going to give you.

Leave a comment:

• Thief13x
    replied
    Come to think of it this did start around the time i ran Ad-Aware and deleted some 2k files . It wouldn't have anything to do with router software because i never installed any on this computer, just my wireless network adapter. Do you think this might be a problem with my network adapter? all the status bars are in the green as usual and i havn't changed any settings.

Leave a comment:

• fluffy
    replied
    I'm truly clueless, but could it have anything to do with your access point/router drivers Thief13x?

BiG_D: That's actually not a crazy idea. But I can think of stuff I'd prefer doing.
    I found what I was looking for this morning, or at least I think so. My wish was to find something customizable.

TheMachine: Oh? It's been years since I saw black adder so I definitely missed the joke.
    I thought it was funny anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by [nt]Leo
    Those suggetsions sound a tad bit dramatic imho
    Dja think?

If you have never seen 'Black Adder' the joke will miss you.

Leave a comment:

• BiG_D
    replied
    Well, with the scripting support that mIRC offers, plus a quick google on the MSN protocall, and then weeks of work, you might just be able to come up with something.
    But no, I've never heard of anything of the sort.

Leave a comment:

• fluffy
    replied
    I myself use the msn network because everyone I know do that. I have no reason to complain about msn messanger, but it would be nice to use one client for msn and mirc. Does anyone have experience of connecting to msn with mIRC? I like mirc, because I've always used it and like the easy scripting it supports.

Originally posted by TheMachine
    1) Kill yourself
    2) Kill everyone else.
    Those suggetsions sound a tad bit dramatic imho

Leave a comment:

• Thief13x
    replied
    Yup, I completly uninstalled AIM before installing Trillian...Tried this three times.

Bill - I'm currently hooked up to a broadband router via a wireless network. Ive been using this setup for the past year with no troubles until now.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Hmmm, the way I see it you have only 3 options..

1) Kill yourself
    2) Kill everyone else.
    3) F-Disk your HD, re-format, re-install, install trillian. Defrag. Scandisk. Laugh.

Leave a comment:

• WildBill
    replied
    Trillian should be completely independent of the official AIM client.

Chances are it's a network issue -- what's your internet connection?

Leave a comment:

• Shug
    replied
    Did you completely remove AIM before installing Trillian?

The only explanation I can think of is the two programs somehow sharing a registry setting or memory setting that's causing the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Thief13x
    replied
    Unbelievable! I downloaded Trillian and set it up for AIM, and its doing the same god damned thing!

Now i'm truly clueless as to what the problem is...

Leave a comment:

• Shug
    replied
    As suggested above: use Trillian. It lets you connect to MSN / ICQ / AIM / YAHOO / IRC all in the one program (although, frankly, its IRC format sucks).

You can choose to use it for just AIM, of course. www.trillian.cc

Leave a comment:

• Thief13x
    replied
    Unfortunatly, I don't know anyone (in real life) who uses anything other thsn AIM, and AIM exclusivly. I couldn't tell ya why...I used to use MSN which I thought was ten times better than AIM, but none of my friends had it.

Also, It doesn't have anything to do with the version. I actually downloaded a new version whenever this problem started, and it didn't help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X