Video-in troubles with geForce card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video-in troubles with geForce card

Hey, all. Almost three years ago I bought my Gainward geForce4 ti4600 to do video-in/video-out (VIVO) operations. That was after I just completed a project where I really needed that use. I haven't needed it since then (except to watch TV) but now the need arises again. I've gotten it to video capture before, but that was probably two years ago.

I can't get it to work now. I was wondering if maybe someone could offer some suggestions. I'm not finding anything on the net.

Info: the Gainward ti4600 is a dual-head AGP 4X card with 128MB memory. I have nVidia Detonator drivers dated six months ago or newer installed. That includes drivers for nVidia WDM TVAudio Crossbar, nVidia WDM TVTuner, and nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal). All three are operating correctly according to Device Manager. EDIT: actually, I installed Detonator drivers within six months, but Device Manager says my Capture driver is dated March 2002. EDIT 2: I'm using nVidia WDM 2.20 drivers dated Feb 04. I can't find if they have a newer version, but dammit, it should be working with that version, my card is almost 3 years old.

I'm out of ideas. If I can't get this to work, I'm going to have to buy a $80 TV card when I'd put the worth of this at around $30. (Unless you know of a $30 capture card.)
    Last edited by Buho; 13 Feb 2005, 01:23 PM.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Ok, I remember how I recorded: I used the InterVideo WinCoder software that it came with. I lost the software although I still have the serial number. So I downloaded the software from their website some time ago but it turns out it's just a trial and has no option to put in the serial. Intervideo discontinued the product.

How in the world does InterVideo work but nothing else?

Comment

Crap! I figured it out. Adobe Premiere will capture video-in. I was clicking Play instead of Record. Play is a DV function and was giving me a DV error since I don't have a DV device attached. I'm such a retard. Still, I wish I could watch TV fullscreen....

Comment

Working...
      X